Re: Can't change Sims 4 language back to English!

by Helgesunde

Original Post

Re: Writing disappeared

@SwordOfLea

Can I also ask which language you are playing in?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 48 (1,245 Views)

Can't change Sims 4 language back to English!

★ Novice

So when I first downloaded TS4 six years ago, it was in Norwegian, but I changed it to English after like a week or something. I recently got a bug where the text didn't show up, something I'd experienced before. Last time all I had to do was change the language to Norwegian and then back to English, but when I tried to do this today, it wouldn't change back to English for some reason. It says on Origin that the language of the game is English (US) but in the game it's all Norwegian, which is very annoying. Help?

Message 11 of 48 (1,322 Views)

@Helgesunde  Try clearing Origin's cache, restarting your computer, then repairing the game (right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

If that doesn't work, you can try switching to a different language and then back to English, with a cache clear and a restart in between.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 48 (1,310 Views)

Lost all data and can’t change language back

★★★ Newbie

I changed the language to English and now they are match, and I’m able to open the game, but I can't change my language back. Also after I open the English version my game data all disappeared, it become a new game. I already copied the game file to the desktop so I'm not too worried about that, but when can we play our game with our saved data in our own language? 

Message 13 of 48 (1,280 Views)

Re: Lost all data and can’t change language back

@5Cassiopeia

In your Electronic Arts folder should be a new Sims 4 folder when you switched languages. Put the contents of your old Sims 4 folder in there and it should work.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 48 (1,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Now I've tried doing both those things, and neither worked. Some problems I met were:

- I dragged the DownloadCache folder to the bin and emptied the bin, but when I restarted my Mac, the folder was still in the bin.

- I have 15 or so packs. But when I change the language, the only things in the download queue is the base game, City Living, the free holiday pack and the music for some reason.

Message 15 of 48 (1,257 Views)

USELESS GAME- nothing worked, EVER!

★★★ Newbie

Just bought this piece of crap. 

Nothing works. 

The sentences which should be giving instructions are missing 80% of their letters. 

Nothing is fluid. 

Waste of money...

Kill me now. 

Message 16 of 48 (1,241 Views)

Re: Sims 4 saved game deleted after update

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem. Yesterday (April 8th 2020) my game updated to 1.62.67.1220 but now all my saves are gone. I normally play TS4 in English language, but my original language is Dutch. After this update my game switched to dutch and I was really confused since on Origin it said it still was English

Message 17 of 48 (1,242 Views)

Re: Sims 4 saved game deleted after update

★★★ Newbie

(I play on Mac btw)

Message 18 of 48 (1,241 Views)

Empty bubbles

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? no idea
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the game and stuff packs but pet stuff, todlerstuff and luxury stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? I had an update 2 or 3 days ago and site then, when i open the game, there's nothing written, like the bulbes are all empty and when there's something written, it's just nubrers and a dollar sing like this : $45956850 or something like that
What do you expect to see? I'm supposed to see things written you know, like, normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I tried to unistall and reinstal the game, I tried fixing it by right clicking and I tried changing the language but nothing is working. Also, I have a backup file of my game but I tried opening the game with the brand new one and it still happens. I also tried opening the game without CC but it still does the same thing so it's not a CC problem.

Message 19 of 48 (1,200 Views)