by polarlilly

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 4 Mac missing/blank text or wrong language in-game

[ Edited ]

Symptoms:

• blank/missing text
  • code/gibberish instead of text
  • wrong language in-game despite Origin settings

This may be caused by Origin not downloading the proper language string files for the base game and/or one or more packs.

If you’re affected by this, please list both the language of Origin and the language of Sims 4, as well as whether any of these steps helped you.

There are several workarounds that may potentially help.  Please run the Origin reset tool for macOS each time you change a setting in Origin.  In order of least to most intrusive:

Change the language for Sims 4 to something else: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and choose a different language from the dropdown menu.  Then repair the game: right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair.  Run the Origin reset tool, then change the language back and repair.

Try a Super Repair, described here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Change the language of Origin itself to match the language in which you want to play:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/135dec40-90f690cf-00000075-495f32a0-Updated-patch-now...

If none of these steps work, you can try uninstalling, setting Origin to match the language in which you want to play, and reinstalling.  Please keep in mind that the localization must match exactly: for example, if you want to play in Spanish, Origin must be set to español (España), not español (México).

If your saves and other content are missing:
If you are playing now or have been playing in Spanish, French, Dutch, or German, the Sims 4 user data folder (in Documents\Electronic Arts) will have a slightly different name, e.g. "Los Sims 4."  All other languages name this folder “The Sims 4.”  You can manually copy the contents of the saves and tray folders to the new Sims 4 folder, and they will show up in-game again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 48 (2,378 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★ Novice

Hi, sorry for annoying you, I need some help with this same problem. I use Mac and I have tried your solution but it seems not work in Mac. Devil

Message 1 of 48 (2,443 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

I had the no text only empty bubbles problem and all my save files were gone. Tried repairing the game multiple times before and after deleting the mod I had. Then tried Method #1 Changed language to English (was German before that) and I had the texts back still my files are not available in game. Changed it back to German. Still have the texts(but they are english now, not german even though game properties say it should be), files are still missing (the folder is still there though).
I have a late 2013 MacBook Pro and until I installed the latest update today it worked all fine - in fact I played yesterday and had no problems. I know its probably because of the update. 

Have to check if Method #2 will work tomorrow.

Best!

Lilah

Message 2 of 48 (2,438 Views)

game crash on loading screen

★★★ Novice

i just updated my game about an hour ago and now my game keeps crashing. it has a weird loading screen with a bar at the bottom and "loading tips" where the little messages usually would be. i can get up to opening a save but when its trying to load it crashes everytime. i tried taking out my cc but it still wont work. and when i went to enable cc again after i first updated it sent me to the UI thing and it looks weird. please let me know if anyone else has any similar problems i hope im not the only one Frown((

Message 3 of 48 (2,452 Views)

Re: game crash on loading screen

@CarmenBlueAngel

Could you post a screenshot of what you are describing?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 48 (2,417 Views)

After new patch, the sims 4 doesn't start

★★★ Newbie

Hi, after I installed the new patch for Mac my game didn't function as normal. None of the names or text in my game was visible, and some weird codes popped up on some of the main titles. I tried deleting all the custom content I had downloaded, but afterwards the game didn't function at all. Is there some bug to the new patch?

I play the Sims on a MacBook Air.

Sincerely,

A Norwegian sims player.

Message 5 of 48 (2,465 Views)

Re: After new patch, the sims 4 doesn't start

★★★★★ Apprentice

I believe there's a thread on this where you need to change the language for both origin & the game to use the same language. 

Message 6 of 48 (2,439 Views)

Re: After new patch, the sims 4 doesn't start

@polarlilly

Your issue is well documented here with a fix - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 48 (2,423 Views)

Writing disappeared

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have a problem.

I know many people have problems because of the update made on the 7th of April 2020. Actually, I couldn't open my game too, but I deinstall and reinstall my game, transferred my saves and mods and I can now open it! However, most of the stuff written (when a sim open its phone, when I have to choose between a new game and my save game, the action my sims is doing, etc.) has completely disappeared or is replaced by nonsense.  I wondered if someone knew what was the problem and how I could fix it?

Thanks in advance Standard smile

Message 8 of 48 (2,442 Views)

Re: Writing disappeared

Message 9 of 48 (2,440 Views)