[CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

★ Novice

Alright! Do you know how I can fix the graphic issues and the constant crashing? I seen bluebell's tutorial on how to fix graphic issues however i have a mid 2013 MacBook pro with intel hd 5000 and it doesn't work.

Message 71 of 532 (4,644 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

These are the graphics I use and have no problems with crashing, also it makes it very clear compared to the settings it starts you out with.

Message 72 of 532 (4,638 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, Thanks. I'll try it out Standard smile

Message 73 of 532 (4,632 Views)

★★★ Novice

@corey_0414

Your Solution worked for me. Thank You!!

Message 74 of 532 (4,624 Views)

Sims 3 Mac error when starting game

★ Novice

hey playing sims 3 on my mac  and i keep getting  (an error have occurred ) i went thru everything to try and fix it i delete the expansions and reinstalled them i did the same for origins now I'm stuck i went thru everything 

Message 75 of 532 (4,607 Views)

Re: (MAC) "Unknown error occurred" -- trying to install Ambitions/Late

★ Novice

I am having the same problem with both of these expansion packs.  The only difference is after I bought them the first time they worked great.  I had to uninstall my game and do a fresh install and once I tried to install the expansions I was met with this same problem.  I recently reformatted my Mac thinking maybe that would help and I am still having the same problem.  My other expansions work just fine.  But after I install these two I get the same error and cannot launch the Sims launcher.  When I go to the Sims 3 folder all expansions but these two are listed.  I can uninstall them using the uninstaller and I cannot find them anywhere on my hard drive.  

Message 76 of 532 (4,624 Views)

★ Novice

Hi ,  

First time posting so not sure if I'm doing this right! I've decided to try and reinstall The Sims 3 on my MacBook Pro (13" Mid 2012, running OS Sierra 10.12.2) after removing everything- including Origin where I brought most of the expansion packs from- early last year. Before uninstalling, everything worked as it was supposed to and I never noticed any problems.

I've been able to re-download the base game through Origin and install it, but I get the 'Unknown Error' message whenever I try to play it; the game launcher never loads or even appears. I've tried opening the game through Origin, through the Applications folder and also through the icon on Launchpad and not had any success. I then tried Bluebellflora's 'clean uninstall and reinstall' tutorial a couple of times and also tried the Sims 3 super patch 1.67 but still had no luck. 

Does anyone have any advice? I'm not savvy enough to try uninstalling Sierra (which has worked for some on the thread) and am getting really frustrated with the whole thing!

Thanks!! Standard smile 

Message 77 of 532 (4,633 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

https://youtu.be/F3T-Z492Hjo

Many people have been inoboxing me still having trouble with the Unknown Error Occured issue so I made a tutorial so you can visually see it better. I didn't physically copy and paste it since I already fixed mine, but you get the idea. Paste the file of the game you are having trouble with into the game that normally launches the game for you (for me that was island paradise but yours could be different) Read my original accepted solution to this if you are having any trouble understanding why i am doing what i am doing in the tutorial 

Message 78 of 532 (4,623 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Mac error when starting game

@franklinwenzler1

Please try the accepted solution (page 1, second post).

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 79 of 532 (4,607 Views)

★ Novice

Hey! I just want to thank you so much. I bought this game on Christmas and I've been trying for the past two weeks to get this to work via clean installs and etc. I was about to accept my fate that I would never play ambitions or late night however you truly changed it. 2017 just got better thanks to you.

Message 80 of 532 (4,593 Views)