[CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

★★★ Newbie

Heya

I tried them all and realised, I'm on a MacBook 13 inch so i run of origin and it won't open ts3 launcher because when i click play it pops up with unknown error occurred and thats as far as it goes what should i do?

Message 41 of 532 (7,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats the same with me when i downloaded ambitions

Message 42 of 532 (7,051 Views)

Re: (MAC) "Unknown error occurred" -- trying to install Ambitions/Late

★ Novice

I have the exact same issue with Ambitions and Late Night; I have followed all the steps on BlueBellFlora's forum but still no good. I have all of the other expansion packs installed and running well--Generations, Seasons, World Adventures, etc. I can't believe I still haven't been able to find a solid resolution. It is beyond frustrating. Does anyone know why exactly it's just these two specific expansion packs?

Message 43 of 532 (6,219 Views)

Re: (MAC) "Unknown error occurred" -- trying to install Ambitions/Late

★★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. I previously had the disks, and I even tried to repurchase the Ambitions EP through the Origin download to see if that made a difference.... it didn't- I'm still having the same problem no matter what I try. I've also done all of the clean uninstall/restall stuff!

Message 44 of 532 (6,200 Views)

Sims 3 HELS was working, but LN is causing "Unknown Error Occurred"

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have installed/uninstalled all of the starter pack multiple times, and have found that if I only download the base game followed by High End Loft Stuff, the game works. However upon downloading Late Night (the second pack in the starter game), no matter how I try to launch the game, the "unknown error occurred" message is all that I receive. 

EDIT: Update, I haven't tried the high end loft stuff alone in the last few tries, but just did along with the mac superpatch, and the attached image is what happened after the launcher

Message 45 of 532 (6,079 Views)

Re: Sims 3 HELS working, but LN is causing "Unknown Error Occurred"

★★ Novice

Also, if I try to launch through Origin (I have tried with or without) this screen comes up every time, which doesn't make sense because I have already downloaded the game and used that code.

Message 46 of 532 (6,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The most simple solution is uninstalling expansion packs (especially fundamental ones (like Late Night) as opposed to item packs (like High End Loft Stuff)). This worked for me, if it doesn't work for any of you, I'm sorry for the false hope :/

Maybe it's just Late Night too. That was my problem. All I really had to do was uninstall Late Night and it worked like a charm. Just don't install it and you should be fine. 

Message 47 of 532 (6,224 Views)

★★★ Novice

I spoke with EA a few months ago... they advised me that Late Night, Ambitions, and Outdoor Living arent compatible with macOS Sierra... So if u have any of those installed, if u uninstall them ur game will work ... 

I saw someone say that they downloaded their game on a Windows computer after using it on a mac... Am I able to just switch them even if I bought the mac download??  Cause I'll just buy a pc for the Sims only... thanks in advance

Message 48 of 532 (6,197 Views)

ask

★★★ Newbie

my ambitions expansion pack won't let me open the sims 3 game. I have a mac and have the sims base game with supernatural, pets, university, and i bought ambitions to add but when i click on it, the game doesn't open but shows 'unknown error occurred' 

Message 49 of 532 (6,062 Views)

Re: ask

EA app Team

Hi @XlainX12,

Our hero Bluebellflora made a post with some information about this issue. Please, take a look to her post as this could be your issue. If it is the same, you can follow her suggestions to try to solve it.

This suggestion might also help.

-Mai

Message 50 of 532 (6,047 Views)