[CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 wont launch after installing Ambitions on MacBook Air

EA app Team

Hi @bthomas97,

I merged your thread here because we are talking about your issue in this thread. Please, take a look to the first post and the solution for some useful information Wink

-Mai

Message 91 of 532 (3,206 Views)

Unknown Error Occurred

★★★★★ Novice

Recently I had a new hard drive put into my Mac and I reinstalled Sims 3 and all of my expansion packs. Every time I tried to play it said that an unknown error occurred so I completely uninstalled sims and origin from my MacBook then I reinstalled ONLY the sims 3 base game, which ran fine. I closed that and installed the ambitions expansion pack but when I attempted to run the game, the 'unknown error occurred' message popped up again! I really don't know what I should do now! Any ideas??

Message 92 of 532 (3,208 Views)

Re: Unknown Error Occurred

@elizabethbrooks

Moved your post to this thread. Please read the opening post and the accepted solution on the first page for instructions on how to get your game to work again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 93 of 532 (3,197 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora

I tried doing the solution but for some reason my game still won't launch?

Message 94 of 532 (3,175 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I had the same problem. The first time I tried this it didn't work. I decide to reexamine my game files and I found that it wasn't just the files for Ambitions and Late Night that were missing, it was also Outdoor Living Stuff. So I recommend you check that ALL the expansions/stuff packs you bought are present, not just ambitions/late night. 

Message 95 of 532 (3,139 Views)

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

★★★★★ Newbie
Can someone make a video of the above explanation? It would help A LOT. I'm not Mac savvy. Thanks
Message 96 of 532 (3,113 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Can you make a video explanation of this?
Message 97 of 532 (3,113 Views)

@uhhlaneuh

There is a video posted in the opening post on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 98 of 532 (3,111 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Sorry I'm a newb.
Message 99 of 532 (3,110 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS

★★ Novice

I'd just like to shout THANK YOU a thousand times. This and @corey_0414 saved my life after I've frustratingly been trying to manually uninstall and reinstall these add-ons, the base game, and Origin client to no avail.

However, just to help people with the installation process, I'd like to point out that I had the same unknown error issue after trying to install Outdoor Living SP. This is fixed with the same solution as copying/pasting the Late Night/Ambition folders into the right places. I'm not sure if other people experience this as well but I just wanted to let you know. Thanks for the help guys!

Message 100 of 532 (3,098 Views)