Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

by bbymarisa

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs - Unknown Error Occured

★★★★★ Novice

I’m having the sand issues. I have a 2015 Mac Air MacOS Mojave. At first the issue was with university life pack now its with sims 3 whole. 

Message 451 of 532 (1,361 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Expansion Packs - Unknown Error Occured

@vcoop123  There are several causes of the unknown error, and which fix(es) you need to apply will depend on a few factors.  So please list your computer's full specs, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Please also list all the packs you're trying to install, and whether you've uninstalled any of them, or the base game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 452 of 532 (1,352 Views)

★★★ Newbie

haha me too im so pissed i wasted $42 for the game to not even work lol

Message 453 of 532 (1,339 Views)

@claudiathecutie  If you'd like help with that, please post the specs of your Mac, along with the packs you've installed, and whether you've uninstalled anything yet.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Message 454 of 532 (1,332 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you are a GOD

Message 455 of 532 (1,318 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OH MY FREAKING GOODNESS you saved the day. Still having this issue over 2 years later. Your fix worked!! Thank you so much!!!

Message 456 of 532 (1,260 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

★★★ Newbie

It doesn't work

Message 457 of 532 (1,218 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]Sims 3 'Unknown Error' in El Capitan and later OS versions

@jamiecartoons22  I'd be happy to help, if you could give me a bit more information.  There are several causes of the unknown error, depending on the specs of your Mac and which packs you've installed.  So please list those packs, and your specs as well, as described here:

Message 458 of 532 (1,213 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS

★★ Novice

Hi everyone, 

I don´t exactly understand how this all works. I've got an MacBook Air (2017).

I own every single EP but after installing the error "Unknown Error" always occurs.

From World Adventurers to Late Night this hint worked (as far as I interpreted it). But when I install Generations it doesen´t work.

Did I understand it correctly?

In the transgaming folder of Generations I only see the Sims 3 Folder and The Sims 3 Generations folder. That means, that Late Night, the EP before Generations is missing. So I have to copy this one from the AddOn --> Late Night (right click) --> Contents --> Resources --> trans gaming --> c drive --> program files --> EA --> The Sims 3 Late Night Folder

And paste this into the The Sims 3 Generations folder. 

But shouldn't I copy and paste the missing "Ambition"  Folder, too? And if the answer is "yes", does this continue till the 11th EP Into the Future? That would mean, that there have to be 10 folders in the 11th, 9 folders in the 10th and so on..

Without installing Generations Late Night and the other EPs work, although in the Late Night Folder (right click Sims 3 --> AddOns --> Late Night(right click) theres just Late night not Ambitions. 

I researched a lot and your solution seems to work, but my interpretation of your solution doesn't work. So, what did I do wrong? How can I fix this problem?

Thanks a lot!

Greeting Standard smile 

LouiseM96

Message 459 of 532 (1,085 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE]'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS

@LouiseM96  The only folders that don't properly transfer are the ones for Ambitions, Late Night, Fast Lane, and Outdoor Living.  The others will appear on their own the first time you successfully launch the game with the newest pack in place.  So for whichever pack is your newest by release date (Generations right now, but Into the Future eventually, if you own it), you'll need to copy over the folders from those four packs.  But you don't need to do it for every single new pack, as in, you don't need to keep doing it every time you install a new pack, unless you want to play with that new pack before adding another one.

Please also be sure to create an alias (icon) in Applications\The Sims 3 for each of the four problem packs, as they won't get one on their own.  Here's how:

https://bluebellflora.com/sims-3-packs-not-showing-as-installed/

Message 460 of 532 (1,083 Views)