Re: Sims 3 unknown error?

by Gwyndolium

Original Post

Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

★★★ Newbie

sigh i did everything listed above and my game still is giving me that an error occurred =[ so stressed out just want to delete the whole thing i was fine before late night how can I uninstall it after doing all that?

Message 171 of 532 (422 Views)

Sims 3 unknown error?

★★ Novice

so I just bought the sims 3 starter pack. when I installed the base game, everything was working fine, but now I've installed the expansion and stuff pack that it came with the game won't open up and just say 'unknown error occurred' anyone know how to fix this?

Message 172 of 532 (445 Views)

★★ Pro

@caitlinz201 do you happen to play on Mac?

If not try the repair tool on Origin (right click in game library and select repair).

If that doesn't work try clearing the cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/origin/origin/origin-my-games-list-is-blank/

Message 173 of 532 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Gwyndolium yeah, this is the first time I've played on Mac, so I have no idea what I'm doing 

Message 174 of 532 (439 Views)

★★ Pro

@caitlinz201 which expansions do you have? 

You could try the superpatcher!

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-super-patcher/

Message 175 of 532 (432 Views)

@caitlinz201

We have a whole thread dedicated to a very specific Unknown Error issue caused by El Capitan/Sierra in the Sims Mac forum. which I'm moving this thread to. Please read the opening post and the second post which is the accepted solution. Post in this thread if you need any further help but if you follow the instructions properly you should be fine Standard smile

This is not an Origin issue as Origin is not required to play the Sims 3 for Mac, only to download the digital version. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 176 of 532 (406 Views)

★★ Novice
@leahbaby123 I got it to work after I uninstalled late night. Kinda annoyed because obviously I've paid for it and it doesn't work. If you right click on the sims 3 launch icon, then go to open in folder there should be a program to uninstall. Then you can uninstall just late night. Let me know if you figure out how to get it working? 🙏🏼
Message 177 of 532 (398 Views)

@caitlinz201

Have you followed the instructions in the video for getting LN to work? 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 178 of 532 (396 Views)

[CURRENT ISSUE]'Unknown Error' issue in Sims 3 in El Capitan/Sierra macOS

★ Novice

I have bought sims 3 starter pack a few months ago. I downloaded the base game which worked perfectly. However, when I downloaded the late night expansion pack and installed it, it told me unknown error occurred.
Anybody have any idea on how to solve it, would be much appreciated.

My Computer is a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) with the macOS Sierra version:10.12.5 
Thanks Large smile

Message 179 of 532 (356 Views)

Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing).

★★★★★ Novice

So i bought the sims 3 starter pack using my MacBook Air (on origin) and when everything was installed and i clicked the play button a pop up came up saying "unknown error" how do i fix this!!

Message 180 of 532 (352 Views)