Re: Mac: Error with sims 3 "Unknown Error Occurred" (after installing)

by corey_0414

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
Hi,
When I am listing my directions above, I am basically saying that you have to dig deep into your folders in the applications section of "finder" on your macbook pro. So if you go to "Finder" and "Applications" You should see a Sims 3 folder. Follow my directions above after you have reached that sims 3 folder.
Message 61 of 532 (4,687 Views)

★★ Novice

Should i install all the Ep's i have then? Even tho it doesn't work on my base game and try from there? I've re-installed about 4 times now and the first two times the base game ran fine but i thought i should delete it just in case but now nothing is running

Message 62 of 532 (4,665 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes, install all of your sim games despite you not being able to open launcher. Once you follow the directions above, you should be able to open your sims launcher and play
Message 63 of 532 (4,654 Views)

★★★ Novice

I thought for sure it worked but when I go into the transgaming>Program Files>Electronic Arts> folder with the expansion packs that you said should not be there is not the case; the expansion pack file is in this folder and still getting the unknown error.  Any other suggestions?

Message 64 of 532 (4,479 Views)

★★ Novice

My whole game is no longer appearing i'm thinking of installing the game from the CD base do you think i should run through everything if the issue appears from the CD version? Origin isn't working for me

Message 65 of 532 (4,467 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You're correct when you say the folder is there, for example, the late night folder should be within the late night app. However, if you go into the expansion pack that normally launches, is it in there along with all the other expansion packs? Are ALL your expansion packs you own in the folder with the one that launches?

Message 66 of 532 (4,467 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey!
Basically when I install sims ambitions the actual icon isn't where every other one of my games is and I have doubled checked but I can't uninstall through the launcher like the uninstaller
Message 67 of 532 (4,459 Views)

★★★ Novice
OMG IT WORKED IT WORKED IT ACTUALLY WORKED THANK YOU SO MUCH XX
Message 68 of 532 (4,453 Views)

Re: Sims 3 game won't open

★ Novice

YAY!! Thank you so much! I was talking to a EA Rep a few minutes ago about this situation and we tried 10 different things. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Message 69 of 532 (4,450 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm glad i was able to help! After you paste it into the folders and get it working if you're ocd like me and want to see all the icons there in the main application folder you can feel free to copy and paste the games in there! Then all of them will show up in your mac launcher along with the others
Message 70 of 532 (4,442 Views)