[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Expansion Packs not downloading in Origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 3 expansion packs won't download

★★★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded origin on my Mac - OSX El Capitan, and i hit install on both expansion packs and it seemed to download or install them then when i went to click play they both showed up saying download so i hit download and nothing happens, i cant see any active downloads in origin and when i click the sims 3 base game in origin it says that gameplay might be effected due to it downloading but it shows a full green bar and just the % no numbers. I have the latest origin on my mac as i had no choice and they've updated it, origin never supplied me with a product code to put in on my purchase email so i can't do that. i'm getting frustrated as i should have just bought the discs origin doesnt seem to be very good?? Help me out please Standard smile

Message 10 of 131 (6,808 Views)

Can't add to queue or download!

★★★ Newbie

It feels like Origin is always letting me down. Every time I try to download something it never works. I'm on a macbook air and I cannot download or add any of my sims 3 expansions to the queue. And whenever I try to play the Sims 3 it says that a download is still in progress when the download didn't even start. Can someone please help me I really want to play the Sims! 

Message 11 of 131 (6,798 Views)

Origin EP stuck on download

★★ Novice

I recently reinstalled Sims 3 onto my Mac but my expansion packs (Seasons and Pets) are stuck on the Download stage on Origin. The orange "Download" button under the expansion packs are unresponsive when I click on them. I can run the base game fine but I get the message: "Launching this game while a download is in progress can negatively impact gameplay". The green progress bar is full and there is no % shown so it seems that the downloads are complete, but my EP still don't show up in the game.

I've tried uninstalling both Origin and Sims 3 to no avail.

Message 12 of 131 (6,768 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack Won't Download/install

@4earthworm

Merged your post with this thread.

This seems to be an issue since the Origin update. Please see @EA_Kristi's post above yours and try her suggestions. What version of OS X/macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 13 of 131 (6,614 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs won't download

@emm957

Moved your thread to this one, please read the opening post.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 15 of 131 (6,775 Views)

Re: Can't add to queue or download!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @itsmeesaf @Rustybear91 @AmiSol1

I've merged your thread here.

Please refer to the first post for a solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 131 (6,760 Views)

expansion packs not installing on mac

★★★ Newbie

soo frustrated!

i bought the sims 3 base game that came with the extra late night and high end loft expansion packs then bought into the future as well. I've downloaded and installed the base game and can run it no problem but my expansions aren't working! i can download them (downloaded them twice) but it won't go passed there. it says that there are expansion packs ready to install or something but when i go to click the little play button after download nothing happens

I've had two chats with the online help about the issue but they can't seem to figure it out.

Message 17 of 131 (6,708 Views)

CANNOT DOWNLOAD FROM ORIGIN! PLS HELP

★★ Novice

Okay so, ever since this new update to origin i cannot download any sims 3 games, both expansion and stuff packs. I can redeem my codes for the games, but when i press the download button NOTHING HAPPENS; and when i try to start the game it tells me "Launching this game while a download is in progress can negatively impact gameplay. Are you sure you want to continue?" This is confusing as i cannot access the download manager and it does not tell me that a download has started, underneath the message the download just has a percentage symbol and not an actual number next to it.

I have never had an issue with origin before so this came as a surprise to me. I have updated to the latest OS X software and the latest origin. I have reinstalled my operating system and deleted the cache files from origin. I have reinstalled origin so many times and have also changed the destination of the downloads and NONE OF THESE WORKED, IM ACTUALLY SO FRUSTRATED DJVB;AIERBUVJSBNOLZFGHJLRAWOEHF

If you could find any solution to help me I would be really grateful, thanks Standard smile 

Message 18 of 131 (6,642 Views)

Re: expansion packs not installing on mac

Hero (Retired)

@skylasrose moving this post to the sims mac forum.

Message 19 of 131 (6,629 Views)

Re: expansion packs not installing on mac

@skylasrose

Moved your post to this one. Please read the opening post, this is a known issue which EA are aware of. What version of OS X/macOS are you using?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 20 of 131 (6,623 Views)