Re: Sims 3 expansion packs won't install - "add to queue"?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[ Edited ]

Ok folks, here's the problem - the EP is downloading fine but Origin is not automatically launching the installer so you are not getting the Copy to Clipboard option for your product code before the installation process. The installer is located in the Origin Library folder, in Application Support so it can be opened manually. However, you will need to contact Customer Support for your product codes. Here's exactly what you need to do:

1. Download the EP as usual (you may have to click on the orange download button a few times, if the download progress bar doesn't pop up please use the Origin reset tool and then try again)
  2. Once it has finished downloading click on Origin > Preferences in the menu bar
  3. Now click on Installs & Saves then Browse Game Installers: Origin Downloads.png
  4. In the Finder window that opens, open the folder with the most recent date modified then double click on the installer for the EP you have just downloaded. It will be a file type .dmg and may have the EP title and/or number in it.
  5. The installer will open and ask for your product code. If you have this from a disc copy that you had of the game just enter it and go through the installation procedure. If you do not have it then you will need to contact EA Customer Support who can verify your account and give you your product code to enter.

Contacting EA Customer Support:

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

I'll be checking this thread so please post any questions you have but bear in mind I'm in the UK so may not be in your time zone Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 31 of 131 (53,943 Views)

★★★ Novice

The problem with contacting EA support for the codes is that I can never get through. Been trying and trying for two days. Tried to live chat with 3 different browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox) with adblockers/pop-up blocking turned off. I never get a response. Never. Tried the phone call option yesterday, no response. I could manually install my games with the codes, but I can't get them from EA.

Message 32 of 131 (21,680 Views)

★★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH IT WORKED Standard smile Standard smile I hope EA makes a fix soon though 

Message 33 of 131 (21,653 Views)

@annatronic

It may be because it's the weekend, try again tomorrow. It is very annoying I know Frown

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 34 of 131 (21,650 Views)

Sims 3 Pets won't install into Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I purchased both the base game, Sims 3, and the expansion pack Sims 3 Pets a few days ago. The games both showed up in Origin and began downloading. My Sim's game installed, but my Pets expansion pack won't install or show up in Origin at all. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, refreshed my games, restarted my computer, etc. Nothing is working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I'm playing on a Mac.

Message 35 of 131 (21,627 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets won't install into Origin

Hero (Retired)

@Khab5412 Did you hover over the game icon in Origin - then click the small i - does it show as owned? Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 36 of 131 (21,619 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets won't install into Origin

Hero

Hi @Khab5412

moved your post to mac

Could you please try the solution in the first post of this thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 131 (21,607 Views)

sims 3 pets

★★★ Newbie

I purchased the sims 3 pets expansion pack, it has let me download it into my origin account but when I right click on the game, go into game details and press download nothing happens? I have used the origin reset thing, deleted the app off my mac and downloaded it all again and still nothing happens? pls help! 

Message 38 of 131 (21,592 Views)

Re: sims 3 pets

Hero

Hi @laurendistef

merged your thread.

Could you please try the solution in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 131 (21,578 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack Won't Download/install

★★ Novice

I updated my mac software only days ago - I have also already tried manually uninstalling origin and still they will not install.

Really really frustrated by this problem because it feels like  I have thrown away money.

Message 40 of 131 (21,573 Views)