[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Expansion Packs not downloading in Origin

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] Sims 3 Expansion Packs not downloading in Origin

[ Edited ]

Since the latest version of Origin was released last week - version 10.0.1 - some users are reporting that they cannot download Expansion Packs. Clicking on the Download button doesn't do anything. If you are experiencing this problem please read the solution in the post below.

EA are aware of this issue and investigating it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 14 of 131 (42,812 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 3 expansion packs won't install - "add to queue"?

[ Edited ]

Ok folks, here's the problem - the EP is downloading fine but Origin is not automatically launching the installer so you are not getting the Copy to Clipboard option for your product code before the installation process. The installer is located in the Origin Library folder, in Application Support so it can be opened manually. However, you will need to contact Customer Support for your product codes. Here's exactly what you need to do:

1. Download the EP as usual (you may have to click on the orange download button a few times, if the download progress bar doesn't pop up please use the Origin reset tool and then try again)
  2. Once it has finished downloading click on Origin > Preferences in the menu bar
  3. Now click on Installs & Saves then Browse Game Installers: Origin Downloads.png
  4. In the Finder window that opens, open the folder with the most recent date modified then double click on the installer for the EP you have just downloaded. It will be a file type .dmg and may have the EP title and/or number in it.
  5. The installer will open and ask for your product code. If you have this from a disc copy that you had of the game just enter it and go through the installation procedure. If you do not have it then you will need to contact EA Customer Support who can verify your account and give you your product code to enter.

Contacting EA Customer Support:

For support, please visit the EA Help website. For instructions on how to use the EA Help services, please refer to How to use EA Help.

I'll be checking this thread so please post any questions you have but bear in mind I'm in the UK so may not be in your time zone Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 31 of 131 (53,780 Views)

All Replies

I cant install my Sims 3 Packs Or Find Serial Code :( I Hate the origin update!

★★ Novice

Since the new origin update I have been having issues. When I brought the Sims 3 it came with 2 packs (High end Loft & Late Night) I never downloaded them until now. When click download it downloads, but then nothing happens. The pack does not show up in my files or desktop. Once I've downloaded it once it will not download again. And the pack stuff does not show up in the game. I tried contacted Origin threw the live chat but no representative answered to help with my case. I tried about 5-6 times! Now I'm trying to find my Serial code for my game because I brought Sims 3 on the computer. It all together is very upsetting because I was so use to the other origin before the update now I'm completely lost. By the way I'm using MAC. Pleasseeeee help. Frown

Message 1 of 131 (42,620 Views)

Re: I cant install my Sims 3 Packs Or Find Serial Code :( I Hate the origin upda

★ Novice

When you go to the game screen, the one where you hit the play button. Click on the Expansions & Stuff button and make sure it's checked off to be used. If  its not then thats why it's not showing up in game.  You can pick what you want to play with and what you don't want to play with there also. Just remember if you take something off and you have any of that content in your game you have saved, it will make your game glitchy and I could never play mine afterward.

Message 2 of 131 (42,601 Views)

Can't download new games(frustrated)

★ Novice

Just bought  2 more games and clicked the download and nothing happens?

Message 3 of 131 (42,434 Views)

Why won't my new sims3 expansion packs download through origin?

★★ Novice

I bought a new sims 3 expansion pack through origin and I downloaded it along with some other expansion packs I hadn't got round to downloading - it said they had downloaded but they weren't added to my game and when I went back to the "my game library" part of origin it said I hadn't downloaded them - but when I press the download button now nothing happens at all!

Ive tried reinstalling origin, restarted my computer several times, reinstalled the sims 3 base game - nothing has worked, I just can't download anything from origin now.

Please help otherwise Ive just thrown away £30! 

Message 4 of 131 (42,454 Views)

Re: Can't download new games(frustrated)

EA Staff

@janroll52 Are you on Mac and using the new Origin client? If could you try manually uninstalling Origin and reinstalling? Also what Mac OS are you using?

Thank you!

Message 5 of 131 (42,422 Views)

Re: Why won't my new sims3 expansion packs download through origin?

EA Staff

@LGW_SIMS I have seen a few reports of this today and the issue is under investigation.

From your end could you please try manually uninstalling Origin and after reinstalling from a new set up file check if the same thing happens?

Let us know how it goes!

Message 6 of 131 (42,443 Views)

Re: I cant install my Sims 3 Packs Or Find Serial Code :( I Hate the origin upda

★★ Novice

I don't see the expasion & stuff button I only see Downloads Installed Contenent Uploads and game updates

Message 7 of 131 (42,575 Views)

Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack Won't Download/install

★★★ Newbie

Today i payed $20 for the sims 3 pets pack and i have not been able to play it yet. i downloaded it from the website and was able to track the download process on the origin application on my mac. After it finished downloading it said ''your sims 3 game has new expansions'' so i click on the sims 3 on my origin account and tried hitting download for the pets expansion pack. However, it did not work. I kept tapping the download button and nothing would happen. It says i own the game, but will not allow me to access it. i am extremely frustrated and confused. i really want to figure this out because i payed more than $20 for this game. Thanks

Message 8 of 131 (42,454 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Pets Expansion Pack Won't Download/install

Hero (Retired)

@4earthworm moving this post to the sims mac forum

Message 9 of 131 (42,438 Views)