[CURRENT ISSUE] [MAC] Can't redownload Sims 3 Pets, please help?

by mightyarmadillo

Original Post

Re: Can't redownload Sims 3 Pets, please help?

★★★ Novice

Hi @Bluebellflora,

Thank you so much for teaching me how to copy my game! And yeah, I tried installing through Origin on my family's Mac, hoping it would somehow work there, but I got the same results as with my Macbook Air. Thankfully though, I was FINALLY able to connect to live chat at 12pm on a weekday, and through Google Chrome too. So I guess it's really more an issue of timing and LOTS of patience. I think from now on I'm just going to buy the physical CD versions of games and add them to Origin, so at least I won't have to try for days and days to get a product code. By the way, do you think we should all report this installation problem as a bug, so maybe Origin could include a fix in their next version?

Thanks again for all your help!

Message 31 of 33 (553 Views)

@Sora1771

Once your game and EPs are installed you can access all your product codes using Terminal so you could copy and paste them into a Note? I've done that with mine so they're stored in iCloud.

EA are aware of the issue Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 32 of 33 (548 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Could I ask your advice on a similar issue? Ive got new iMac and started to install sims 3 on it but got stacked on installing the EP *Ambitions* . It downloads and *pretends* to install except it doesn't show in Applications - Sims 3 folder but instead in ADD Ons Folder. After clicking on icon or play from Origin it even offer to download the upgrade but after that instead the launcher the popup window with unknown error appears. I have CDs for most of EPs so I had tried both Origin and CD installation and it always fails on *Ambitions* :-(( Is there a way to fix it? it works fine on my old iMac

Message 33 of 33 (498 Views)