[CURRENT ISSUE] [MAC] Can't redownload Sims 3 Pets, please help?

by mightyarmadillo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[CURRENT ISSUE] [MAC] Can't redownload Sims 3 Pets, please help?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I purchased Sims 3 Pets and I can't seem to get it to download.  If you look at the attached image, I can see all the expansion packs that I've purchased and not purchased.  Under the packs that I've purchased, there's an orange "play" button, under the packs that I haven't purchased, there's an orange "Buy $19.99" button, but under the Sims 3 Pets pack (which I have purchased) there's an orange "Download" button.  When I click on that button, nothing happens.  

Can anyone help me figure out what's up?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 33 (7,119 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't redownload Sims 3 Pets, please help?

[ Edited ]

Ok folks, here's the problem - the EP is downloading fine but Origin is not automatically launching the installer so you are not getting the Copy to Clipboard option for your product code before the installation process. The installer is located in the Origin Library folder, in Application Support so it can be opened manually. However, you will need to contact Customer Support for your product codes. Here's exactly what you need to do:

1. Download the EP as usual (you may have to click on the orange download button a few times, if the download progress bar doesn't pop up please use the Origin reset tool and then try again)
  2. Once it has finished downloading click on Origin > Preferences in the menu bar
  3. Now click on Installs & Saves then Browse Game InstallersOrigin Downloads.png
  4. In the Finder window that opens, open the folder with the most recent date modified then double click on the installer for the EP you have just downloaded. It will be a file type .dmg and may have the EP title and/or number in it.
  5. The installer will open and ask for your product code. If you have this from a disc copy that you had of the game just enter it and go through the installation procedure. If you do not have it then you will need to contact EA Customer Support who can verify your account and give you your product code to enter.

Contacting EA Customer Support:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly selected in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next' 
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

I'll be checking this thread so please post any questions you have but bear in mind I'm in the UK so may not be in your time zone Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 16 of 33 (7,470 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Having the exact same problem today, only mine is Sims Seasons expansion

Message 2 of 33 (7,061 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

none of my expansions will download...nothing is being done about it though Frown

Message 3 of 33 (7,058 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually i think i have solved it, run the reset Origin tool and reinstall origin. Download just started again.

Message 4 of 33 (7,055 Views)

Hero

Hi @JasmineH95 @mightyarmadillo @bedazzledpoo

Are you guys on Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 33 (7,054 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Macbook pro Frown latest version of OS 

Message 6 of 33 (7,046 Views)

Hero

Hi @JasmineH95

did you try the solution in the mac forum thread you posted in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 33 (7,042 Views)

★★★ Novice

Actually, the download has completed but won't play now, grrrrrrrrr

Message 8 of 33 (7,040 Views)

Hero

@bedazzledpoo Are you on Mac or PC ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 33 (7,018 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yeah i got to that part... downloaded alllll my expansions and wont let me install any Frown 

Message 10 of 33 (7,016 Views)