[CURRENT ISSUE] Installation Verification Failure (Sims 3 64-bit release)

by Leonora1390

Original Post

Re: Sims game wont start

★★★★ Novice

Yes, also in the launch screen it says I do not have any expansion packs

Message 51 of 82 (517 Views)

@coolry66  Okay, thanks.  At least one pack is loading properly: Starlight Shores (from Showtime) is showing in your last screenshot.  Where does it say you don't have any packs installed?  This version of Sims 3 doesn't have a pack selector (the Expansions & Stuff Packs tab) like the Origin/Windows version does.

If you want to see which packs have downloaded, open a Finder window and click Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard disk) in the left panel, then Users > your username > Applications > The Sims 3 Packs.  If you don't see your hard disk in the Finder window, click Finder in the upper left corner of your screen, then Preferences > Sidebar, and check the box next to hard disks.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 52 of 82 (513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is what I meant by no expansion packs. There in my folder for the game but not on the launcher. Do you know if EA is working on fixing this problem?

Message 53 of 82 (511 Views)

Re: Sims 3

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Can't understand  what happened.. I had my Sims 3 installed on my Macbook, suddenly it was not here anymore and I had to install it again. First it did not work, and when it finally did (the 64 bit version, what is it even??), I started the game and couldn't play it due to to some installation error. What the heck ?!

Message 54 of 82 (531 Views)

@coolry66  EA is working on a fix for the second error you're seeing; more information is in the installation verification post I linked.  For the launcher issue, try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

I don't think I've seen that error though, and I'm not sure whether it's significant or not.  At any rate, I wouldn't worry too much about it until the installation verification failure is resolved, because you won't be able to load a new save to test your packs until that happens.  You can subscribe to the thread I linked earlier for updates.

Message 55 of 82 (496 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims 3 64Bit - Thread for those who have it

★★★★★ Novice

I keep getting the same error when I try to play the game 💁🏼‍♀️

Message 56 of 82 (792 Views)

Re: Problems with Sims 3 64Bit - Thread for those who have it

@yungyinx  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the solution on page one (marked for visibility) for more information.

Message 57 of 82 (776 Views)

Re: Installation Verification Failure (Sims 3 64-bit release)

[ Edited ]

I am not going to manage to tag everyone in this thread.  Sorry.  Hopefully you're all subscribed.

MaxisJoe has posted that the EA team has identified the problem and is pushing out a fix.  This may take a few days to fully implement, so please be patient, at least for now.  More information can be found here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9660446#M1098...

MaxisJoe has mentioned a way to find out whether the fix has reached you:

@MaxisJoe wrote:

The less obvious way [to see if you're still affected] will be to right-click (or Control+Click) on the game art in "My Library" and select "Game Properties", OR open the game page in Origin and click on the "gear" icon and select "Game Properties." If you do NOT see a CD Key entry then your account hasn't been fixed yet. If you DO see a CD Key entry - happy simming!

Please also note this passage in particular:

@MaxisJoe wrote:

It IS possible to circumvent this process by contacting the Support team for help. As you've all noticed, they have helped some players get working again. Unfortunately people have not had a 100% success rate, and evidently some of you have to call a charge-by-minute line to do it (Me? I always use the chat option. I hate talking to people on the phone). So ... there's that. I'd really ask that you hold off on that option if you can.

Message 58 of 82 (744 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★ Apprentice

Is there a separate thread for the installation verification failure? Any fixes yet?

Message 59 of 82 (976 Views)

Re: Installation Verification Failure (Sims 3 64-bit release)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict phew!!! I thought I was the only one with the issue👍
Message 60 of 82 (689 Views)