[CURRENT ISSUE] Installation Verification Failure (Sims 3 64-bit release)

by Leonora1390

Original Post

Hello

★★★ Novice

I was able to install the game, the launcher opened, I couldn’t see any of my store items/EPs in the launcher. Still I initiated the game, I grew more excited while the green bar was filling and seeing the seasons loading screen gave me hope that my EPs were correctly installed. Once the green bar was full I was directed to the page where you choose in which world to play when suddenly han error appeared Frown “installation was not successful, please try installing the contents again”. Twice I got the same issue, what am I doing wrong?? :’( 

Message 41 of 82 (588 Views)

Re: Hello

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@OzzWatBeHi there. Could you give us more details? Are you running the Sims 3 original version or the 64-bit & metal version? What are your computer specs? What macOS are you running?

Thanks!

Message 42 of 82 (823 Views)

Re: Hello

★★★★ Novice

i have the same problem and i run the catalina os

Message 43 of 82 (813 Views)

Re: Installation Verification Failure (Sims 3 64-bit release)

★★ Novice

I want to get notified when there's a fix, so I'm adding to this Standard smile

Message 44 of 82 (824 Views)

Sims game wont start

★★★★ Novice

I downloaded the sims 3 with latenight, showtime, and high loft stuff pack. I can go on the launcher but the game won't launch. I get this message constantly and I tried updating and repairing the game

Message 45 of 82 (528 Views)

Re: Installation Verification Failure (Sims 3 64-bit release)

@OzzWatBe and @Peace232000  I've merged your posts with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the accepted solution on page 1 (marked for visibility) for more information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 46 of 82 (817 Views)

Re: Sims game wont start

@coolry66  Try moving or renaming the Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  A couple people have reported that it worked for them.

Message 47 of 82 (517 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It just launched but it seemed to work as of now!

Message 48 of 82 (513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

never mind...

Message 49 of 82 (506 Views)

@coolry66  That's a known issue and not something you can fix by troubleshooting.  Here's the master thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Installation-Verification-Failure-Sims-3-64-bit-relea...

Just to confirm, was the first error fixed by moving the Sims 3 folder?  A few other players have had the same issue as you.

Message 50 of 82 (501 Views)