Re: sims crashing on imac and creating a red static tv thing

by groenroos

Original Post

@twice_twotimes

You can revert back to Catalina by wiping and reinstalling the OS on your Mac https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204904

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 221 of 229 (1,308 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can also report that I was just able to play for about 3 hours without any issues for most of it. Near the end I was getting a couple of mini-freezes, but these resolved themselves after a few seconds, and were nothing like what I used to get. Having had my fill, I closed the game because I wanted to, not because I was forced to - first proper session I've had in months!

Can't confirm that the issue is 100% guaranteed resolved, but certainly seems to be better than before for now!

Message 222 of 229 (1,300 Views)

Hi all,

Is this now fixed? Do you think I can mark it as solved and take it off the compiled list of Mac specific issues? It seems like you are happily playing again Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 223 of 229 (1,267 Views)

★ Guide

@Bluebellflora wrote:

Hi all,

Is this now fixed? Do you think I can mark it as solved and take it off the compiled list of Mac specific issues? It seems like you are happily playing again Standard smile

Personally I would like to play for a few more days and hear from others in this thread before making a call! Also is there anyway EA can acknowledge they fixed this? We haven’t heard anything so it’s either a fluke, or they did fix it...

Message 224 of 229 (1,261 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'll be testing this weekend. My crashes seemed very reproducible, so hopefully I will be able to report back fairly quickly either way. 

I'm on an iMac Pro. 

Message 225 of 229 (1,253 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

hey fellow simmers 

wanted to give a good test play before I gave an update 

my game seems to be back to normal for the most part. besides some minor glitches and occasional crashing but actual crashing with reports, its pretty much back to normal thankfully.

not 100% perfect but at least playable. hopefully some other things can still be done to help in the future 

Message 226 of 229 (1,249 Views)

This issue now seems to be fixed in the 1.68.154.1220 November 2020 patch.

Thanks all for confirming it now seems to be fixed. If you start experiencing issues again please post Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 227 of 229 (4,780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Another confirmation that it seems to be fixed. I've had 4-5 hours of gameplay in and out of build mode. No computer freeze. 

-iMac Pro

Message 228 of 229 (1,194 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Freezing, possible system lockup on Macs with AMD Vega GPUs

★★★ Novice

Hey! The Sims 4 acknowledge the problem after I downloaded the new pack this morning. This screenshot is from my welcome screen. Hopefully, you guys will have a new update around 11/20 to fix this for anyone who is still crashing/freezing.

Thanks!

Message 229 of 229 (1,163 Views)