Re: CPU max usage and system crashing on IMac Pro

by mmzhangg

Original Post

★ Guide

Just had two glorious days without a crash and now it's doing it again. Grrrr.

Message 80 of 229 (703 Views)

@aftksims

That's interesting. Something you are doing in-game could be triggering it, or something else running on your Mac is interfering with the game. It's not consistent.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 81 of 229 (689 Views)

★ Guide

Well it wasn’t completely consistent before either. At one point changing to the Sims 3 camera stopped my crashing for an entire day, then it all of a sudden started doing it again.

Anyways, this is awfully frustrating I wish there was a way to roll back the last update. I literally upgraded the RAM and video card on this computer to play Sims.

Message 82 of 229 (676 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing on 2020 iMac 27

★ Novice

Funny that all of us with this issue have an 27 in. iMac. I'm running Sims 4 on an iMac Pro and have never had this issue before, My game loads in normally but will become unresponsive with the spinning wheel about 5-30 minutes in. It freezes randomly, whether in build/buy or live play, and I'm unable to go to my desktop, forcing me to hard restart my computer. Sometimes following the spinning wheel would be a bright blank red screen. I've tried repairing, reinstalling, taking out all mods, lowering all specs.

Message 83 of 229 (597 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I'm also on an iMac Pro 2017, and I'm experiencing all these problems as well. The game starts up normally, but I can only play for 5-30 minutes before the game crashes my entire system. I get the unresponsive spinning wheel, and it forces me to restart with the iMac's power button. I have no way to get onto my desktop. Your screen shots of glitched screenshots are similar to the graphical glitches that I get, But the last two times my sims 4 crashed, i got a really bright solid red screen that scared the heck outta me. I've tried everything Frown Unfortunately the game is unplayable for me.. hopefully this bug gets fixed soon.

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

iMac Pro 2017

Procesor 3.2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W

32 GB 2666 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB

Message 84 of 229 (600 Views)

@mmzhangg

Please can you provide the files asked for buy SimQARobo in the post above yours.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 85 of 229 (598 Views)

Re: Game freezes computer

★★ Apprentice

As an additional datapoint;

My MacBook Pro had to go for rather extensive repairs, where they replaced the logic board and the GPU, and totally wiped the hard drive.

After re-installing The Sims 4 on the now-fresh machine, the same glitch started happening maybe 30 seconds into loading a lot, again triggered by dragging the mouse to rotate the TS4 camera.

Didn't bother to try with the TS3 camera again, as it's been a long day of restoring backups and re-installing everything...

Message 86 of 229 (599 Views)

★ Guide

Anyone have any updates or continued issues? I'm still having crashes - was working fine for a day or so and can barely play now. Mac OS recently had an update, something to do with graphics cards but this didn't seem to help either.

So frustrating Frown.

Message 87 of 229 (607 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@aftksims I gave up. Too frustrating. Waiting to see if maybe the october patch will fix it but tbh I really doubt it.
Message 88 of 229 (603 Views)

★ Guide

Still happening to me with yesterday's update. This is really ridiculous. Sometimes I can play for an hour, other times it freezes up in the first 10 minutes. How has this not been addressed yet? There seems to be quite a few of us with this issue. Grrrr.

Message 89 of 229 (584 Views)