CAS lag after 6/18 Update

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

CAS lag after 6/18 Update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I updated my game this afternoon with the most recent patch and suddenly my game is laggy. I have all packs installed. I’ve updated my memory to 16gb and have a solid state drive. I’ve repaired my game. Removed my mods folder. I’ve also removed my sims 4 folder and started and new folder. My settings as always are set to high with edging set to medium. I did not have this issue until today’s patch. I noticed immediately something was wrong when I went into CAS. I don’t understand how a patch can cause this much of a difference in my game play. Any suggestions? 

Edited title to remove [current issue], Bluebellflora

Message 1 of 80 (4,034 Views)

Re: Lag after 6/18 Update

★★★ Newbie
@candiecoatediv I have had the same problem. I do not use mods or cc. Have a majority of the packs installed. Restarting the game, origin and my computer have not helped either. Also tried repairing the game with no success.
Message 2 of 80 (3,961 Views)

@candiecoatediv @hokiepokie09

Could you both trash the Options.ini file in your Sims 4 folder and see how the game performs? This will reset it back to default settings. If it plays as you would expect then you can try upping the settings incrementally until you're happy with the graphics and gameplay.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 80 (3,948 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora I will definitely check once I get home. I hope it helps. I was so sad yesterday trying to play. 

Message 4 of 80 (3,936 Views)

Re: [Mac] Sims 4 Update Causing Major Lag

★★ Novice

this happened to me with the latest patch PC 1.52.100.1020 / Mac 1.52.100.1220. now I can barely play my game. I tried removing my custom content and repairing but it's still the same.

here's my device specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Processor  2.6 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory  8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel Iris 1536 MB

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5

Message 5 of 80 (3,907 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  okay I moved the folder to the trash. Played with the setting and it seems to be just CAS that is affected. 

Message 6 of 80 (3,904 Views)

Lagging After Update

★ Novice

Sims 4 lagging on Mac after June 2019 update. 

Message 7 of 80 (3,924 Views)

Re: Lagging After Update

@ValaMcKay  I've moved your post to the Sims/Mac section.  It would help if you listed the packs you have installed, as well as the specs of your computer.  Here's how to find that information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 80 (3,900 Views)

@candiecoatediv

Thanks Standard smile

Interesting that it's now just affecting CAS. Any CC in CAS? Trash the localthumbcache.package file in the Sims 4 folder are moving out the Mods folder and see how CAS then behaves.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 80 (3,892 Views)

Re: Lagging After Update

@ValaMcKay

Merged with this thread. Please trash your Options.ini file in your Sims 4 folder, move out your Mods folder and trash the localthumbcache.package file then load up your game and see how it performs. All graphics settings will have been set to default, test the game with these settings before raising them.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 80 (3,886 Views)