CAS lag after 6/18 Update

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] CAS lag after 6/18 Update

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for getting back to me. Is it safe for me to do that. I've read the whole thing but honestly its like reading a foreign language to me

Message 51 of 80 (1,348 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also i've just noticed, i don't know if this has happened to anyone else but my graphics has changed since the other day.  its now reading

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 52 of 80 (1,341 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Hi @Bluebellflora!

The lag got worse for me with the redesign update. Is it the Intel chip that's screwing us?
Message 53 of 80 (1,337 Views)

@xxJosh26xx

I did it on my 2012 Mac, perfectly fine. You can switch between the Apple drivers and the NVIDIA ones in System Preferences.

Your Mac has an integrated Intel chip and a dedicated NVIDIA graphics card. It automatically switches to the NVIDIA card when you run a heavier program that requires more graphics power, like the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 54 of 80 (1,308 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello there :D

I have been able to get into a state where I have been able to reproduce this behavior, and  I see that previous posts have asked you to delete the options.ini file.

I would like to ask you do something similar, but in game.

Please try going to your options and "Restore Defaults";  the game will probably ask you to restart, please do that and see if it makes a difference.

Thanks
-Bluru

Message 55 of 80 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I believe this troubleshoot has been recommended previously when I initially reported the issue as I have tried this it made no difference when going from defaults to the settings I had the game at before the patch in June. What concerns me the most is the amount of money I have spent not just on the game itself but also updating my laptop to run the game without issue. Again, I don’t understand how a patch can render CAS intolerable. What happens with the next expansion pack? Is my game going to be completely unplayable? I have 16g memory and my game was running optimally without hiccup until the June patch. 

Message 56 of 80 (1,269 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Bluru21 I can't tell if it's just been a long time since I looked at the game or not, but I did this and it actually really seems to have helped. After I restarted the game, I put it back on full resolution and slowly tested CAS from Low Medium back up to Ultra (where I normally play without issue). High is looking very smooth. Ultra is still a little laggy, but wayyyy more tolerable and playable (for me). And that's with many mods going.

I'm curious to see if this works for @candiecoatediv (hi, nice to see you Standard smile ), and/or someone with a more powerful machine who is also experiencing this.

Thank you so much @Bluru21, I so appreciate your attention to this thread.
Message 57 of 80 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I did try this again and I didn’t notice much difference and I don’t know if it’s because I had already done this step previously or not. What I can say is that for the last few weeks I’ve been able to go into CAS and there is very minimal lag if I set the edge smoothing to medium but everything else is on high which is how I’ve always played. Like really I hate to think that my love for the sims is so strong that I’m actually considering buying a desktop...😳

@twin-reverb-sims hi!!

Message 58 of 80 (1,245 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Glad this made it a little better for you @twin-reverb-sims, we are further investigating this issue Appreciate the follow up and information.

Message 59 of 80 (1,217 Views)

Re: Lag after 6/18 Update

★★★★★ Apprentice

I finally recently updated my Sims game for the last couple of patches and I booted up the game and CAS is so extremely laggy, its unplayable and nearly gamebreaking. And it really sucks because I was about to buy the two most recent packs that have came out and now I can't.

Here are my specs for my computer :

macOS Mojave

Version 10.14.6

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

I have all the packs, minus the most recent last two as of August, 17th 2019. My graphics in game are all set to the highest because my computer runs smoothly and perfectly fine. I do use mods/cc, but when I turned the game on for the first time after updating it I took my mods folder out. 

I hope this gets fixed asap because EA always puts Macs bugs on the back burner and focuses more on PC. If this was a PC bug it would have been fixed the same week the bug was found, but instead this bug is going to be an issue for at least a year before its fixed. 

Message 60 of 80 (1,065 Views)