CAS lag after 6/18 Update

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Major lagging on MacBook Pro

★★★ Novice

I just bought this laptop and downloaded the Sims 4 and I am experiencing a lot of lagging in CAS and in live mode. 

Message 41 of 80 (1,637 Views)

Re: Major lagging on MacBook Pro

Hero
@amelia_cas Merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 80 (1,624 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@amelia_cas  I would recommend trying some of the troubleshooting tips by @Bluebellflora  and @twin-reverb-sims  to see if they help. I only noticed slight improvements after IL installed but still some lag. Their tips can be found at the beginning of this thread. 

Message 43 of 80 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I took out what was mentioned in the previous posts and took out mods, which helped in CAS. I'm going to check gameplay. Would suck if its the mods causing this. 

Message 44 of 80 (1,530 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@amelia_cas  What Mods are you using? I consider mods and CC different. Mods that affect gameplay may have updates since the patch update so I would check. Same with CC, there may be updates to some CC since the game patch. But I have CC and no Mods and noticed the lag immediately updating with the Patch. Now, since installing IL the lag has gotten better but is still present mainly with the voice and animation/ 

Message 45 of 80 (1,516 Views)

★★★ Novice

@candiecoatediv I have MCCC for mods and I have ScytheMeteorEyesDefault.package and [madmono]KnightDefault_CU.package for CC. The CC I got when lilsimsie did her update on the savefile she has on her tumblr so my assumption is that both are good for the update if shes using them. 

Message 46 of 80 (1,508 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] CAS lag after 6/18 Update

★★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issues since the Update, hoping it was going to be fixed on the last update but unfortunately not. I have a 2015 Mac book, has worked fine previously but now doesn't, its that bad i don't play like i used to. Find myself frustrated with it after 30 mins. The only thing that i have found helps is turning the retina display off in the game options. That does seem to stop it lagging but then obviously things aren't as clear as i'd personally like them. Also had the issue in CAS with the skin details but the mc comand mod (Don't know if thats whar its actually called) seems to be helping with that. So overall at the moment for me its a pretty useless game. I have every expansion pack and stuff packs installed also, which i'd hate to think of the amount of money i've spent on this game to now not be able to enjoy it. Disappointing isn't the word. Im sure you are all as fed up as me. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, with and without mods, creating a new sims 4 folder but nothing helps. 

Message 47 of 80 (1,401 Views)

@xxJosh26xx 

Please can you be more specific about your Mac as it could have one of many different graphics chips/cards. Also which version of macOS you are running. Help on finding the info required is here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

This CAS lag issue seems to be affecting Macs with specific Intel chips so knowing your specs really helps Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 48 of 80 (1,389 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've put the information for my macbook below, i've tried everything with no look, CAS is fine without retina display on, as i said not as clear as i like or have previously had but its still very laggy in game. Hope this helps.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Message 49 of 80 (1,371 Views)

@xxJosh26xx 

Thanks Standard smile You could manually update your NVIDIA drivers, not normal practice on a Mac but it really makes a difference.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 50 of 80 (1,324 Views)