CAS lag after 6/18 Update

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Re: [Mac] Sims 4 Update Causing Major Lag

@poshified

Thanks for the Mac specs. I've merged your post with this one where others are reporting lag. Please trash your Options.ini file in your Sims 4 folder, move out your Mods folder and trash the localthumbcache.package file then load up your game and see how it performs. All graphics settings will have been set to default, test the game with these settings before raising them.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 80 (2,677 Views)

Re: Lag after 6/18 Update

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora Yes. But once I deleted the options folder I removed my mods folder started the game and it’s still laggy in CAS. I played with the setting as suggested. Before the update I had everything set to high with exception of edge smoothing this was set to medium. When I removed the options folder and played with the settings. I notice the lag when I zoom out in CAS to change clothing etc. when I’m zoomed in for face and head details it’s unnoticeable.  When I zoom out the “animation” of the sim is very slow in addition to the voice not in sync with the sim. But when I zoom it it’s fine. I’ve ran the game with my settings that I had before the update and I haven’t noticed any lag but I’ve only done a few tasks like watch tv, mix drinks, walk around and so far I haven’t Noticed lag. Only in CAS. I’m at a dental conference for most of the day but when I get to my hotel room I’ll delete the options folder again and the  local thumb cache as well and see if that works. 

Message 12 of 80 (2,671 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi, just adding my voice to the chorus. Experiencing major lag in CAS that improves somewhat with zoom. Rotate keys especially are skippy/stuttery. Things I have tried: trashing options.ini, moving mods folder out, trashing localthumbcashe.package, playing on lower settings. 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor  2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics  Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5

Thank you. <3

Message 13 of 80 (2,651 Views)

@twin-reverb-sims @candiecoatediv

Thanks for being so detailed in your responses. Do you think it happens with certain outfits, or certain categories of outfits? Or is it all the time in CAS? Is it male/female or both?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 80 (2,648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora

Thank you for all that you do - I've been helped many times by your insight over the years.

Just now, I noticed the game is pretty responsive when clicking through outfits, using back/forward, the dice, clicking the options button the top right. It's really more that the sim's movement is lagging. Not really sure what the right word is. Like trying to stream a video with a bad connection.

I'll be around if there's anything I can help you with.

Edit: both male and female, and I have all the expansions.

Message 15 of 80 (2,641 Views)

@twin-reverb-sims 

Thanks Standard smile Here's a couple of things to try:

1. Disable Origin in-game
  2. Play completely offline

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 80 (2,628 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  I would agree with the description @twin-reverb-sims provided. It’s like the animation is in slow motion. The audio of the sim doesn’t match the movement of that makes sense. Like when the sims does random Simlish during CAS is off. Even my CAS screen will load slowly at first. Like the randomizer loads slowly and the zoom in and out is slow. But once I zoom in it seems normal. 

Message 17 of 80 (2,611 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora

No change with disabling Origin/going offline, but I'm giving everything a fresh install now to see if that makes any difference. Thinking

Message 18 of 80 (2,610 Views)

Re: Lag after 6/18 Update

★★★★★ Apprentice

2018 MacBook Pro player, and I'm also experiencing the same game lag post update. Tried the recommended fixes, and none of them make a difference. I have the lag both in game and in CAS. 

Message 19 of 80 (2,596 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora Ive deleted the recommended folders, played offline, tried the game no change. I then deleted the folders again, took out my mods folder no change, played offline no change. Lastly I took out my entire sims 4 folder and played offline and no change. 

Message 20 of 80 (2,586 Views)