Re: [Mac] Sims 4 Update Causing Major Lag

by twin-reverb-sims

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@twin-reverb-sims  Thank you for doing a video. I’m at a dental conference again today. Once I’m back at the hotel I will also do a video. I agree, I wold run my game on high sometimes ultra with zero lag. And the fact that it’s limited to CAS concerns me. It makes CAS unusable at this point. 

Message 31 of 80 (1,454 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@candiecoatediv

Same. It got a little better after I messed with that other stuff in my last post. It's not fixing the underlying issue, but it might be worth trying as a stopgap measure so you can still play while we wait for more info.
Message 32 of 80 (1,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the assistance everyone! The in-game lag seems to have gone away after installing the new EP, but the CAS lag is still there.

@Bluebellflora Stats as follows:

macOS Mojave v.10.14.5

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports)

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB

Prior to the patch I played with the game graphics turned all the way up (the very high settings on everything were what the game auto set the graphic settings to) with no lag. And as I mentioned, post installing Island Living, the in-game lag is gone, but the lag in CAS is still there. 

Message 33 of 80 (1,438 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@SimQARobo  I'm sorry. I should have said, I do not know how to capture video. Are there any links for help with that? 

Message 34 of 80 (1,419 Views)

@candiecoatediv

Quicktime is already installed on your Mac. Open it and go to File > New Screen Recording and press the red button in the little window. Follow the prompts to record then save it and upload.

@twin-reverb-sims may be able to help if you use another app.

@marcelle_evans

Thanks Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 35 of 80 (1,397 Views)

@twin-reverb-sims

Those are great tips, thanks. Have you tried disabling Retina display in the game options as well?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 36 of 80 (1,391 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  thanks! I’ll try when I get home. I did install island living last night and I was in CAS briefly to see if anything was better. I did notice that the animation/movement of the sim seemed better but the voice was off from the animation. Again, I was only in their briefly. I will be trying again tonight to see if I can get a video and see if changing any of the settings @twin-reverb-sims  mentioned will work. 

Message 37 of 80 (1,362 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  @SimQARobo  Here is the video. As I mentioned, the majority of the lag seems to have lessened since installing Island Living but there is still lag between the animation and voice. I am going to try with CC to see if that is the issue. 

Cas Lag No CC

Message 38 of 80 (1,330 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora - yeah, that helps a little bit too.

@candiecoatediv (cc: @SimQARobo) - that video is exactly what i'm experiencing. also pretty smooth gameplay once you get out of cas. 

Message 39 of 80 (1,311 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@twin-reverb-sims  same. My gameplay is unaffected it’s just CAS. I put in my CC and no change. Everything runs fine except the animation and voice pairing. Did any of the adjustments you made able seem to help? I’ve repaired my game several times and it doesn’t matter if I’m starting a game from “scratch” or loading a saved file, the results are the same. 

Message 40 of 80 (1,299 Views)