Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] TS3 64-bit red flashing game window

by Simbean-El

Original Post

Re: Red screen lots

★★★★ Novice

yes same ! mine is a rather big house and I think that has something to do with it ☹️ 

Message 41 of 74 (1,661 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] TS3 64-bit red flashing game window

★★★★ Novice
@jampreilly thank you for suggesting this because it helped me too ! I lowered my texture detail and turned off enable advanced rendering and so far that has worked for me !
Message 42 of 74 (1,654 Views)

Help! Flashing Red in game.

★★★ Novice

Hi, I’m experiencing this issue for quite a while. Try na figure it out but it won’t go away. 

Message 43 of 74 (1,283 Views)

Re: Help! Flashing Red in game.

@pim_artittaya  Certain lots do seem to have that effect when viewed from a particular angle.  Which lot is this: one from the game, or one you've built yourself?  Does this happen with other lots too, or only this one?  You can start a new save and place a few lots to test if you want, or just let me know which one this is and I'll take a look.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 44 of 74 (1,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This happens with both downloaded lot and the lot from the game. It happens only in that particular area. The other download house i placed is normal.

Message 45 of 74 (1,263 Views)

@pim_artittaya  What area is it?  (An address and world would be great.)  Could you try placing a different default house on the lot, just to see what happens?

Message 46 of 74 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry, I forgot to mention. It’s Moonlight Falls. It happens in several areas such as the area I attached down below.

Message 47 of 74 (1,219 Views)

@pim_artittaya  Alright, I'll take a look tomorrow.  (It's late here.)  In the interim, please test this in a new save.  Bulldoze the existing houses, try placing one of the simplest shacks from the in-game library, and see whether you get any red flashing.  I'm curious whether the issue is something in your save or a problem with the lots themselves.

Message 48 of 74 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried everything as you said. It seems like when I place the simplest house, nothing happens. But when I place the house I downloaded, the red flashing occurs. (All of this in a new save)

Message 49 of 74 (1,193 Views)

@pim_artittaya  Okay, so the house might be the issue, or else something in it.  The way the red flashing works, at least sometimes, is that it only happens from certain angles and view distances, making it seem like the underlying cause is an item being rendered only part of the time.  So if you can in fact place the house, you may be able to take it apart and remove the items or textures in question.

I can try this too, if you want; just let me know where you found the house.  If it's on the Exchange, feel free to link it in this thread; if it's from a third-party site, send me the link via private message.  I can't promise I'll figure out for sure what the issue is, but I'll spend some time looking.

Message 50 of 74 (1,181 Views)