Re: bulky eyelashes? grainy hair?

by osamamama

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] bulky eyelashes? grainy hair?

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

i thought it had something to do with my cc, but i removed all of it and this still happened. i didnt realize i was playing the sims 4 lol. then, once my cc was removed, the sims hairs had a weird texture on them???

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 8.17.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 7.19.42 PM.png

(Split into master thread and edited title to reflect the CAS eyelash and hair issue, Bluebellflora)

Message 3 of 99 (16,934 Views)

Sims look low-resolution

[ Edited ]

Does your Sims look like that even if everything is at the maximum? Like no definition at all?

edited title to reflect post content.  -puzzlezaddict

Message 1 of 99 (16,886 Views)

Re: Sims look low-resolution

@MarianneSimard76  I've split your post into its own thread, since the other thread was about a different issue.

Was this screenshot taken in CAS or live mode?  Please also go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, open the file labeled deviceconfig.log, copy the first 40 lines (stop where "Options" starts), and paste them into a post.  (Use a spoiler tag.)  Your user and computer name are about 25 lines down, and you can delete those if you want, but please leave everything else intact.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 99 (16,873 Views)

★★ Pro

Me too, they look awfull.

Screenshot-16.jpg

Message 4 of 99 (16,751 Views)

Hair Glitch in CAS

★ Apprentice

Hey guys!

Super glad to be playing again! My heart is happy. Except for one thing: Does anyone know what this is? Yeah, the weird static-y overlay on hair? It does this with any hair on a Sim. I have played around with my settings trying to figure out what it is but I am at a loss.

Message 5 of 99 (16,747 Views)

Re: Poor graphics/low-resolution/graphics glitches (TS3 64-bit)

★★ Pro

This is my Mac specs

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.17.44 PM.png

Message 6 of 99 (16,717 Views)

★★ Pro

Also my MacBook specs, both showing same issue:

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 11.20.31 PM.png

Message 7 of 99 (16,773 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@spookyorca I'm having the same eyelash error
Message 8 of 99 (16,634 Views)

★★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict My sims have chunky eyelashes and static hair. I have the 13” MacBook Pro 2017 with 500gb of storage and 8gb of ram
Message 9 of 99 (16,593 Views)

★ Guide

@spookyorca wrote:
@puzzlezaddictMy sims have chunky eyelashes and static hair. I have the 13” MacBook Pro 2017 with 500gb of storage and 8gb of ram

Agnes Crumplebottom’s hair is specifically really strange when in CAS...glad i’m not the only one with the weird eyelash issue lol

Message 10 of 99 (16,619 Views)