Re: TS3 64-BIT - MEMORY LEAK

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict I was using it by clicking on icons, with keyboard commands weird things happened.

So, I've started playing 4 hours ago and game didn't crash and I'm still playing (and making saves every 5 sec, lol). I'm careful to not use this combination that was crashing my game (left button on mouse and pressing scroll button at the same time) and for now it looks like my problem was solved.

I would be thankful if anyone could check this combination in their game. I made new save without mods and CC and it still was crashing my game, weird thing.

Message 21 of 30 (1,450 Views)

@MarRezKermi  Do you mean you pressed down on the scroll wheel on your mouse, or that you were using an up or down arrow to scroll, or something else?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 30 (1,433 Views)

Re: TS3 64 BITS - FUGA DE MEMORIA

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello, I know that this topic is a bit old, but I am also going through the problem of the ram leak, although I have 32GB of ram and an amd w7000 pro graphics card, the problem is that the game quickly reaches that limit and crashes, I stayed for god how is it possible in less than 1 the game reaches that limit so fast it's not that it has a lot of personalized content but I don't know what happens because of that error I hope and help me with this problem

Message 23 of 30 (1,155 Views)

@shade-lich92  I never got a definitive answer as to why this was happening, but knowing how the game engine behaves, this is not a surprising effect.  Essentially, the engine keeps trying to resolve an error or recalculate routing, over and over and over, until it runs out of resources.  So if you're seeing this issue, the question is what the game engine is unable to resolve.

You may or may not be able to figure that out, but the easier approach would be to add a few mods that find and address these kinds of errors before they get out of hand.  Specifically, NRaas ErrorTrap and Overwatch handle many issues on their own, without any player intervention.  ET also reports on other errors it finds but can't resolve, so you'd have a better idea of where to look.  You can find more info about those mods and a few other recommendations here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-3-Common-Game-Fixing-Mods-Hero-Approved/m-p/98388...

Message 24 of 30 (1,138 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Greetings for not responding on time I did not get the message anyway I have all the Nrass maintenance mods updated for years although the game works relatively well the problem is in that ram block when the 4gb arrives I mean I have 32gb but it seems that there is something in my game might interfere with that, the question is what will it be? and although there is no solution but reading the previous comment of another person it seems that there is a solution but the question in what or what does that occur I do not have much cc installed only the complete collection of the store and downloaded worlds

Message 25 of 30 (1,033 Views)

@shade-lich92  In theory, the game would only use this much memory if there were a recurring error that the game engine couldn't resolve.  NRaas mods address most of the possible errors, not all of them, but this still shouldn't happen very often with the relevant mods installed.

Are you seeing this error all the time, or only under certain circumstances?  What world are you playing in, and which packs do you have installed?  Does it make a difference if you play only in Sunset Valley?  Please try if you haven't already.

Message 26 of 30 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this trouble lately. I've only had this game for less than a week and have played it perfectly fine til the exact same message popped up. I have macbook pro 8GB Ram system with 256gb storage and even played a few hours before this randomly popped up. The only way I've even been able to load and play sims 3 is if I completely redownload the game with no cc but that wouldn't be much fun. Otherwise, the game would not launch past the launcher and I am not able to navigate anything on my laptop unless I force quit origin and sims 3. I'm really hoping for a solution! 

Message 27 of 30 (991 Views)

@tph4m  First of all, you never need to uninstall and reinstall the game to get rid of custom content.  You can simply remove or rename the Sims 3 folder in Documents > Electronic Arts, which is where user data (including mods and cc) is stored, and the game will create a clean folder with no content.

I'd never tell someone they can't play with custom content at all, but if you have bad cc, then it can definitely cause crashing or other performance issues.  So it's worth testing with no cc present just to see whether that stops the memory leak.  If it does, you'll know that some of your cc is the issue, you can selectively reintroduce the items until you run into problems again.

The most efficient way to test is to let the game create a clean Sims 3 folder, as described, and then copy your save from the older folder to the new one.  If the save takes place in a store or custom world, install that too, but nothing else.  Since you're copying your save instead of moving it, the original will be intact while you experiment on the new copy.

If the game still crashes with no cc at all, please let me know what world you're currently playing in.  Some of them have their own problems.

Message 28 of 30 (976 Views)

★★★ Novice

hi! i know this thread is old now, but i also wanted to mention that im having this problem too. it doesnt matter what world/save/family im playing and whether im playing with cc or not - it will still happen at random events. ive tried looking for the cause of it but each time ive been doing something different and it will freeze and after about 5 mins of being frozen it will tell me ive run out of memory because sims 3 is using ~60gb of ram. it also doesnt happen everytime i play, nor a set time after opening - its happened as soon as i opened the game once and its happened about 3 hours into playing once. like i said, it doesnt matter what im doing - for example, its happened while my sim was just making breakfast, and then its happened when i was in world edit. its not consistent at all.

i hope theres some sort of fix to this eventually. i have nraas overwatch and et installed, both of which are very helpful finding other problems, but not this. 

Message 29 of 30 (570 Views)

@BongoMan1235  Do you see any errors from ErrorTrap or Overwatch when this happens?  Sims 3 has always had issues with memory management, but in the 32-bit version, RAM use would hit the limit and the game would crash.  With the 64-bit version, whatever is happening can keep happening until the game reaches the system limit for both physical and paged memory.  Examples include trying to reroute a stuck sim and incessantly recalculating the routing for a large dog that might need to use a bathtub, even if the dog and human aren't trying to use the tub at the moment.  I'm sure there are more, and ET doesn't catch everything.

I'd suggest adding Register just in case the game is having trouble assigning roles.  In general, when there's a large dog in the active household, it's best to keep any bathtubs in the family inventory until they're needed.  For stuck sims, you could try installing Tagger and looking for any sims that aren't moving and also aren't in a location where it would make sense for them to stay put.  For example, a couple of weeks ago, my sims were on vacation in Egypt and the game started to feel sluggish.  It turned out two sims were stuck on the lot with a shipwreck near the bottom of the map.  Overwatch eventually reset them, but if that save had been more progressed, it might have hit the RAM limit first.

Message 30 of 30 (562 Views)