Re: TS3 64-BIT - MEMORY LEAK

by tomanynote

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

So I've checked during gameplay, but now it doesn't want to crash. Large smile

I have only screenshot after load my save at the beginnig.

Zrzut ekranu 2020-10-31 o 09.22.52.png

But if you want, you can check my save and mods - I uploaded it to my OneDrive. I forgot to say that these two are taken from my Windows PC, it could be important info.

My save & mods

The world I used to play

And I'll keep watching Activity Monitor and update when it will happen again!

Message 11 of 30 (1,385 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

Sims 3 Memory Requirements:

4 GB [minimum] 61 GB [recommended]

Message 12 of 30 (1,366 Views)

@MarRezKermi  Just to clarify, how different is the save you've uploaded from the one that caused the memory leak?  If you've changed it in any significant way or even played it forward for more than a sim-day or so, I'd much rather see the one from your Mac.  Especially with StoryProgression running, the save data could have changed significantly even if you never did anything worth noting on your own.

@Bluebellflora and I want to test and see whether we can recreate the issue, so we do need to have exactly the same save, or as close as possible, to test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 13 of 30 (1,331 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict This is the last save from my Mac. When I said that, I meant that I started playing with this save on Windows a few weeks ago and THEN took this to my Mac and play further. Standard smile
I uploaded version where I had the second time leak (with all my mods).
Message 14 of 30 (1,323 Views)

@MarRezKermi  That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks.  I just wanted to make sure we'd be running the same save.

Message 15 of 30 (1,318 Views)

@MarRezKermi  Bluebellflora and I are running the two versions of your save now.  So far, we don't see any issues, but it's early.  In the interim, could you upload your deviceconfig?  It's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.

Message 16 of 30 (1,301 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Uploaded! Today I’ve played without issues all day, lol

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 17 of 30 (1,289 Views)

@MarRezKermi  That's good to hear.  I'm wondering though if maybe this issue is somewhat random, the result of the game engine trying to do something it can't and getting stuck in a loop that spirals out of control.  These things have always happened in Sims 3, but in the 32-bit version, the game would simply hit the memory limit and crash.  Since there's now no ceiling, the game engine can continue to eat RAM until the system steps in and shuts things down.

I didn't see the game's memory use get much over 2 GB when I let it run, but that might not mean anything.  I'll try again later.  In the interim, NRaas Register and Traffic may help, especially if the issue is the spawning of excess vehicles or wild horses getting caught somewhere or similar.  I mean, if you're already using a bunch of mods, why not add a couple more.

By the way, this is random, but what does your werewolf sim look like when transformed?  His werewolf form looked to me like a pretty mild version, but I wasn't sure whether he was supposed to sprout a thick fur coat or just take his shirt off and grow some fangs.

Message 18 of 30 (1,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict Another issue - game crashes every time I'm doing something in build mode after a short time. I attached report.

I didn't create werewolf, he was in Legacy Island III already, so I suppose that his look was creator's intenrtion. Standard smile

And I'll try these mods you recommended.

EDIT: I’m not 100% sure but it seems to crash, when I use Undo/Redo

EDIT2: I don't wanna spam, so I'll upload here some different crash reports I'll get.

EDIT3: When I press left mouse button and scroll button at the same time game ALWAYS crashes

I can't attach more reports here, so I've created OneDrive's folder to insert them for those who want to check.

HERE

Message 19 of 30 (1,229 Views)

@MarRezKermi  Are you using the undo/redo buttons or the keyboard commands?  There's an issue with the commands right now, although I haven't heard any reports of crashes.  I'll check out the left mouse/ scroll thing later.

Thanks for the crash logs.  I only kind of understand what I'm looking at (in a general sense), so I'll see if someone else has more insight to offer.

Message 20 of 30 (1,179 Views)