Re: Buy mode changes immediately reversed

by RhiC2707

Original Post

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!

@lizzard2  Is this your issue?  It's about the keyboard commands, but it's an in-game issue and not anything to do with the keyboard itself.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Keyboard-commands-don-t-release-Sims-3-64-bit/m-p/966...

If so, please click Me Too in that thread and let me know, and I'll merge this post with that thread.

If your issue is different, please describe what happens to trigger the lot reverting to its original form.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 19 (618 Views)

Buy mode changes immediately reversed

★★★ Apprentice

When I place or delete objects in build/buy mode, the action is reversed either instantly or when returning to live mode and my changes aren't saved.

This doesn't usually happen the first time I load a game but from the second or third time making changes in build or buy. I've tried repairing the game and relaunching with a fresh Sims 3 folder, and this occurs in pre-placed lots and lots I've built 

Message 12 of 19 (649 Views)

Re: Sticky keys in Build Mode (64-bit)

★★★ Novice

Yesss same, I'll tilt the camera one way and it'll go all the way up or down and then won't go back until I press something in the world, repeat the action and press the key to try and stop it at the right place. So annoying.

Message 13 of 19 (667 Views)

@RhiC2707  Does this only happen after you use cmd-Z to undo something?  If so, there's a master thread for the issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Keyboard-commands-don-t-release-Sims-3-64-bit/m-p/966...

Let me know, and I can merge your post with that thread.

Message 14 of 19 (627 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ah, yes, I think they are the same issue. Thank you

Message 15 of 19 (614 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

i can't open cheats menu

Message 16 of 19 (611 Views)

@tyczka_junior  Are you using command-shift-C?  That's the key combination now.  If that combo doesn't work, please make sure all three keys work outside the game, and you can also try the command and shift keys on the other side of the keyboard.

Message 17 of 19 (603 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Keyboard commands don't release

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

Update:  After today's (November 9) patch, cmd-Z and -Y should now work exactly once rather than undoing or redoing every change made in Build or Buy mode.  If you'd like to undo or redo multiple changes in a row, please use the UI buttons instead.

A number of players have reported that keyboard shortcuts seem sticky or are continuously applied.  I found two obvious examples.

In Build or Buy mode, cmd-z (undo) and cmd-Y (redo) are continuously applied after being used once.

I applied six floor tiles one at a time, then clicked Undo six times, and the tiles disappeared one at a time, as expected.  I then hit cmd-Y to redo, and one tile appeared, and a second later the others appeared in quick succession.  I clicked cmd-Z to undo, and they disappeared in the same pattern.  From there, I tried to place a tile, and it was instantly undone, over and over, with the money credited to the sims' household funds as when a purchase is undone.

• I reproduced this multiple times, including in a new save in a clean user folder, in both Build and Buy modes.
  • Switching to another category of item, or even to Buy Mode, does not break the pattern.
  • Switching to another window (in this case a browser) and then back to the game sometimes breaks the pattern.
  • The Undo and Redo UI buttons are unaffected.
  • Occasionally, the keyboard commands work correctly a couple of times in a row before defaulting to this behavior.

The cmd-up arrow and cmd-down arrow keys move the camera to the maximum (top down) and minimum (parallel to the ground) viewing angles, respectively.

• I see this in Live, Buy, and Build Modes.
  • Once one command has been used, the other usually doesn't work.
  • Once one command has been used, the UI buttons don't work.
  • Switching to another window and back restores the function of the commands and the UI buttons.
  • Clicking somewhere in-game, not on the UI, restores all functions.

I don't know if this is related but the Escape key no longer works the way it used to. If I clicked on anything in the game to pull up a menu, I could click the Escape key to cancel that menu. This no longer works. The only thing that works to cancel the menu is to right-click on a mouse. 

Message 18 of 19 (499 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Keyboard commands don't release

@sparilis  Do you mean a pie menu for commands?  I've always just clicked in the middle again to make the menu disappear; I wasn't aware that esc did anything at all.

If you mean some other menu, please let me know which one.

Message 19 of 19 (493 Views)