[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

[ Edited ]

@minthemouth  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post.

If I remember correctly, the red assassin bug quest is kind of a dead end: the chain involves collecting several types of objects, but there's not much point in completing it aside from the rewards.  Your sims should still be able to receive all the tomb-related quests regardless of whether this particular quest is fulfilled.  Nanites can be bought at the bot shop in Oasis Landing.

If you do want to complete a quest chain that involves collecting insects, there are a few options you can try:

• Use NRaas DebugEnabler to assign the next step in the quest
  • If you have Ambitions, build or buy a harvester and use it near the insect(s) you want to catch
  • If you have Pets, train a pet to catch bugs
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 53 (3,283 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★★★ Novice
@yollia OMG YES!!! This worked! My Sim is an inventor and had a harvester in his inventory; I had no idea it worked on bugs! Thanks so much. Standard smile
Message 32 of 53 (3,262 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! I had no idea the harvester worked on insects. My Sim is an inventor so I was able to use that immediately. Thanks again! I'm about to go harvest all the rare nanites. Standard smile
Message 33 of 53 (3,261 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★ Novice

You are amazing! Saved my butt in WA! The Harvester is available in BuyDebug if you have Ambitions, so you don't need to take the time to learn the inventing skill!

Message 34 of 53 (3,035 Views)

Sims 3 Butterfly bug

★★★ Newbie

Hello, 

I am using sims 3 on a Mac via origin. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and tried everything that I can but in Sims 3 I cannot collect bugs or butterflies. I can see them and the collection finder stills shows them however none of my sims are able to capture them. I have been playing for years so I know that I am not doing anything wrong. Please fix this or give me any advice that would help.

Message 35 of 53 (2,617 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Butterfly bug

@emma7951  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  This has been a problem since the 64-bit version was released, and there's no proper fix available.

There are other ways to gether insects though.  With Ambitions, your sims can use the harvester in the vicinity of an insect and collect it that way.  If you don't have an inventor sim, you may be able to find a harvester at the consignment shop, and it's in BuyDebug as well.  Additionally, Pets can be trained and sent off to gather insects.

Message 36 of 53 (2,586 Views)

★★ Novice

I just updated my OS and had to reinstall my game as the 64 but version. I picked up where I left off working my way through tombs in WA, and discovered I'm unable to collect bugs! Glad this thread exists, so I'm no longer bewildered. But seriously EA?? This issue is over a year old! Why hasn't this been fixed yet?

Message 37 of 53 (2,264 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Has this been corrected yet? 

Message 38 of 53 (1,687 Views)

@nessatay2223  No, it has not.  Any thread with a [CURRENT ISSUE] tag is still current, and there hasn't been a patch for 64-bit Sims 3 since just after it was released.

Message 39 of 53 (1,678 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Ok thanks. Well hopefully they will fix this issue.
Message 40 of 53 (1,664 Views)