[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★★★★★ Apprentice
@yollia omg you're a genius! definitely saved my butt trying to get through WA missions!
Message 21 of 53 (4,210 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hi what mod do I need to skip the whole insect collect issue, I’m new to mods only have overwatch and error trap, all help appreciated thanks.
Message 22 of 53 (4,171 Views)

@mellypoo02  Are you trying to complete an opportunity?  As far as I know, there's no way to use a mod to make your sim collect insects.  You could use a mod to move an insect to the family inventory, but the insect then can't be placed in the world, and having it in the family inventory (as opposed to the personal one) doesn't fulfill the criteria for opportunties.

So if you don't want to use in-game functions—a pet, the harvester from Ambitions—to collect an insect, but you still want to complete an opportunity, what you can do is use NRaas DebugEnabler to assign the next opportunity in a chain.  Click on the sim and select NRaas > DE > Options: phone > Opportunities > Add Opportunity > [category] > [name of opportunity].  This allows you to bypass one step in an opportunity chain, so it's not a problem that you can't collect the insects to complete it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 53 (4,155 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

For anyone who uses mods, this auto collect mod will work on even the insects. and you can cancel the interaction if your sims are going to go someplace you don't want them to go to or to keep them from catching insects you do not want. It could at least work as a temporary fix until EA releases a patch to fix this bug.

[Admin - removed third party link]

Message 24 of 53 (4,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m so happy I found this thread, I couldn’t find an answer anywhere else and thought it was just my game. 

Message 25 of 53 (4,053 Views)

Can’t pick up bugs in the sims 3 on mac 64bit

★ Novice

The cursor goes gray when you hover over the bug and doesn’t detect anything. This is only the case with bugs, other collectibles work just fine. 

Message 26 of 53 (4,020 Views)

Re: Can’t pick up bugs in the sims 3 on mac 64bit

Hero
@maselo1908 Try emptying out your Sims' inventory, there used to be an issue with collecting if Sims already had other collectibles in their inventory.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 27 of 53 (4,001 Views)

@maselo1908  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please click Me Too on the first post, and feel free to add any more details you find relevant.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 28 of 53 (3,992 Views)

Can't catch bugs or nanites--64-bit Mac

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the 64-bit Mac version, with the WA and ITF expansion packs (among others) and my Sims are unable to catch bugs or nanites. I can see them, but hovering my cursor over them never gives me the option to interact with them in any way. This is making it impossible for me to progress the story in Egypt, where I'd need to complete the red assassin bug quest, and in ITF, to get any rare nanites. I have installed all of the mods recommended on this site to make gameplay better, but still have this issue. Has anyone found a fix?

Message 29 of 53 (3,862 Views)

Re: Can't catch bugs or nanites--64-bit Mac

Hero
@minthemouth If your Sim has any seeds in their inventory, try taking them out. That helps sometimes.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 53 (3,850 Views)