[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

@andiepandie71  Thanks for reporting on the scuba diving interactions; that's useful to know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 53 (4,824 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

While sculpting the block is pure black, and looks like it's slapped on layer on top. Idk if it makes sense. It can cover my sim, like the sim is under it. 

I have issue with mirrors and textures too. Hair of my sims looks like old not working TV. Has this moving noise. 

My showers are reflecting stuff - even stuff that are behind the wall in the home. 

It's still playable, but it's still a bug Standard smile 

If you need to collect some bugs for an opportunity... Become a witch. She can transform stuff with magic and then collect it LOL. 

Message 12 of 53 (4,814 Views)

@nelly483  I created a thread for the sculpture blocks issue; it would be great if you could click Me Too and post in the thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Sculpture-blocks-not-properly-re...

For the mirrors and showers issue, please create your own thread, and include some screenshots.

For the hair, please use this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-bulky-eyelashes-grainy-hair/m-p/...

Message 13 of 53 (4,799 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you!
I will try to make separate thread as soon as I get screenshoots.
Message 14 of 53 (4,787 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I can't catch fish or collect insects either, I've also had some issues with the game crashing when picking wildflowers but I'm not sure if it's 'normal' crashing or because of collecting
Message 15 of 53 (4,750 Views)

@RhiC2707  There's a separate thread for missing open water interactions, including fishing:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/All-open-water-options-missing-64-bit-TS3/m-p/9666249...

I had no trouble collecting wildflowers, but it's possible there's something about the interaction that's tripping up your game.  If you're not playing in Sunset Valley, try collecting there, just to see whether it makes a difference.  You can start a new save and cheat some lifetime happiness points (google "Sims 3 lifetime happiness cheat") to get a collection helper, so you don't have to spend extra time looking around.

Message 16 of 53 (4,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I also have this issue playing the new 64 bit version on a Mac - have tested in Sunset Valley on a clean save and in the future world and I have no mods installed. It's the same problem - the bugs are visible but the cursor is greyed out so they can't be clicked on.

It's very sad because it's a bit game breaking for Into the Future - I can't progress the opportunities with the time traveller because I can't collect nanites. I don't think there's a cheat to complete opportunities either so I'll have to give up.

Message 17 of 53 (4,673 Views)

@amy11235  With NRaas DebugEnabler, you can manually assign the next opportunity in a chain, which auto-completes the previous one for your sim.  A lot of people don't want to deal with mods, but if you'd like to try it, the command on your sim is NRaas > DebugEnabler > Options: Cell Phone > Opportunities > Add Opportunity > [pick the category; maybe special?] > [pick the opportunity].

It might take a few tries to get the correct opportunity to pop, since they're not all labeled in a way that makes sense, but keep experimenting until you get the one you want.  I believe you need to cancel the previous opp first as well.  If assigning some of the others has effects you don't like, just quit without saving once you've figured out which opp you want, then restart and go straight to that one.

Message 18 of 53 (4,655 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't collect bugs either.  Rocks/ gems and small critters I can but not bugs.  I've been using a werewolf (hunt option) as a workaround to collecting bugs but hopefully it's fixed soon. 

Message 19 of 53 (4,636 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

GUYS I THINK I FIGURED OUT A WORK AROUND!

In Ambitions, use your Inventing skill to invent a Harvester. Then use your Collection Helper and go around with your Harvester and collect insects! 

Message 20 of 53 (4,506 Views)