Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

[ Edited ]

My sims cannot collect any insects in Sims 3.  This includes:

• butterflies
  • beetles
  • fireflies
  • nanites

However, I believe all other collectibles work fine, with the exception of the underwater ones, which I couldn't test because water actions are broken  The items that can be collected are:

• space rocks, gems, metals
  • birds, lizards, rodents, snake, turtles
  • wildflowers
  • harvestable plants and mushrooms

I tested this in a new save in Sunset Valley, in a clean folder.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 53 (15,766 Views)

Can’t collect bugs

★★★★ Novice

I’m having an issue with bug collecting. I can see them clearly but I’m unable to click any of them because the mouse just becomes grayed out. I have the collectors helper thing and I can see and collect every other option except for the nanites and insects. I don’t have mods or anything so I’m not sure what to do. 

Message 1 of 53 (15,772 Views)

Re: Can’t collect bugs

@mareluvskittys  Please test this in a new save in Sunset Valley, if you haven't already.  Don't import any sims either, just make a new one or choose an existing household.  You can cheat the points for a Collection Helper; google "Sims 4 lifetime happiness cheat" if you're not sure how to do it.

Message 2 of 53 (15,767 Views)

Re: Can’t collect bugs

★★★★ Novice

Thanks you but that is how I was testing it :/ I did it in sunset valley and moonlight falls and it still had the same issues. However, I just realized I have this under the PC section and not Mac which is what I’m using but I think it’s related to the 64-bit update. 

Message 3 of 53 (15,760 Views)

Not able to catch insects in 64-bit/metal

★★★ Novice

This isn’t a huge issue right now but eventually I will need to be able to do this for story progression in WA. I can see insects, but they are not clickable to catch them. Have already done clean uninstall, even installed TS3 on a literally brand new out of the box MacBook Pro 2020 13inch today. 
Anyone else having this problem? 
Also my game has crashed 3 times when opening one specific chest in Egypt. No idea why. 

thanks! 

Message 4 of 53 (15,761 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Cannot collect insects

@mareluvskittys and @zebracakes210  I tested this too and saw the same thing.  So I created a thread for it and merged your posts into it.  Please click Me Too on the first post.

Message 6 of 53 (15,736 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks for making this thread, I thought I was the only one who had this issue. 

I've done a few tests in different worlds and it didn't work with any of them. I can collect metals and gems fine, same with turtles, birds, etc. But no bugs/butterflies, etc. 

I guess it's not a completely game breaking bug, but it's a little frustrating that I can no longer progress in World Adventures because of it so it would be nice if it got fixed!

Message 7 of 53 (15,720 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah I have that issue too. Only cats, pets can hunt the bugs, but my sims can't. 

Message 8 of 53 (15,680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yep, exact same problem. It is very nice to know that this is not just me, but I really hope a patch comes out that fixes this, it seems like there is no fix as of right now, and it sucks but at least it's not a game breaking bug.

Message 9 of 53 (15,658 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't catch fish while scuba diving either. But I can collect seashells.

Message 10 of 53 (15,633 Views)