Re: generations camera not working well

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Camera controls don't properly control

[ Edited ]

The camera controls in Sims 3 are glitchy in a few different ways, not providing much actual control over the viewing angle.  A couple examples of this:

• When I hit Tab, which switches to cinematic camera (no UI, free camera movement), as soon as I move the cursor, the camera angle is pointing straight down.  I usually can only move the camera left, not right, and if I pan up, I can't pan down again until I exit the cinematic camera and use the UI to reset.
  • The same happens when a sim takes an in-game photo with the World Adventures camera, which likely uses the same function.
  • Cmd-up arrow and cmd-down arrow immediately go to the maximum (top down) and minimum (parallel to the ground) viewing angles and won't release until I use one of the UI buttons.  Cmd-S has the same effect.
  • Scrolling up or down in a catalog (Build, Buy, CAS) doesn't work, either bouncing back to the top or scrolling much farther down than intended.

I tested this on a trackpad and reproduced all the issues on a Magic Mouse as well.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1 of 11 (1,712 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Camera controls don't properly control

★ Apprentice

I experienced the same issues you described, @puzzlezaddict. What I can add is that when I press cmd-right /cmd-left the camera starts spinning in this direction and just doesn't stop until I use on of the UI buttons or click on something in the world. The game becomes unplayable, this way.

Message 2 of 11 (1,654 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict I'm having similar issues to you as well in addition to some others that might be related. It doesn't always happen but when I use the keyboard shortcut for undo in build/buy, it undoes until it can't anymore and if I try to change something, it continues to undo, as if it's stuck even though it isn't. I've had the cinematic camera issue for a while now, I thought I had it before this update as well but I could be wrong. It seems as though there's some sort of problem with the input of the game. It's playable but annoying for sure
Message 3 of 11 (1,583 Views)

@JustCallMeNerdy  Thanks for the report.  The undo/redo commands have their own thread here, if you'd like to click Me Too and post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Keyboard-commands-don-t-release/...

Message 4 of 11 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same first issues as you, where using the cursor when in "tab" mode causes the camera to be straight down. I can move the camera left and right with my keyboard, though.

Message 5 of 11 (1,487 Views)

generations camera not working well

★★★★ Novice

I've been trying to use the world adventure cameras, but since ive updated to the 64 bit version it is more difficult. I can't move the mouse cleanly or to where I want to put it. and eventually the camera just stops moving and I have to exit. Not sure if it's connected to 64 bit or if it's something im doing wrong, but I really want to fix it. 

Message 6 of 11 (1,433 Views)

@Annagrace123456  That sounds like this issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Camera-controls-don-t-properly-c...

I noticed that the camera controls for the World Adventures camera were also affected.  Are you trying to use that or the Generations camera?

Message 7 of 11 (1,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm pretty sure that it's only the world adventures camera actually, I haven't tested the generations camera at all. 

Message 8 of 11 (1,416 Views)

@Annagrace123456  Alright, then I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please click Me Too on the first post.

Message 9 of 11 (1,401 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi @puzzlezaddict ! Has there been any progress with issue number 3? Cmd-up arrow and cmd-down arrow
Thank you for your help!
Message 10 of 11 (790 Views)