Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Base game incompatible with expansion pack error

by Livia105

Original Post

Re: Sims 3 64 bit Installed, stuck on finalizing

★★ Novice

Thank you so much for your quick answer! I just tried it and it worked! Soooo happy 😇

Message 31 of 111 (1,429 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  I removed the version.tag file, and It still won't work. It's making my screen tiny and rainbow wheeling, and not responding. I don't know what else to do. 

Message 32 of 111 (1,413 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  I tried playing around with the moving files suggestion you made before. The game works only when I DON'T re-download my purchased worlds (Roaring Heights, Lunar Lakes, Dragon Valley, Riverview) from the download manager and completely leave them out of my game. When I do try to download them into the game, the game acts like it's loading, goes black, disappears and makes everything on my screen tiny and rainbow wheels. Is there any way to fix this? 

Message 33 of 111 (1,409 Views)

@xXHOLYSHIZZLEXx  Is the base game icon along the bottom of the launcher grayed out or colored in?  If it's grayed out, please repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

Otherwise, do you have iCloud enabled and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents?  (I can't remember whether I asked you specifically.)  If so, please eitehr disable iCloud entirely or disable the auto sync feature.  This article is for a different issue, but the relevant settings are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that doesn't help, please try playing while your computer is not connected to the internet.  You can sign into Origin and put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or disconnect the ethernet cable.

And please download and install fresh copies of the worlds directly from the store site, not from in-game; don't use existing downloads either.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 34 of 111 (1,393 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is anyone experiencing problems with the sims 3 pets pack only?

Message 35 of 111 (1,359 Views)

@Livia105  Some people are having trouble playing with pets.  I'm not aware of any issues with installing the pack or loading its other content though.  What issues are you seeing?

Message 36 of 111 (1,354 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I asked the Ea assistance and now everything is fine! It was not being recognised as part of the Sims 3 64bit and metal, but still appeared only under the 32bit version!
Message 37 of 111 (1,346 Views)

Sims 3 won't launch? Too old?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey! I bought sims 3 many years ago and played on my PC computer. I do now want to play it on my quite new MacBook air. I downloaded sims 3 and some expansion packs (on origin). But now when I try to launch the game it says "Your copy of the basic game The Sims 3 is not compatible with the current Sims 3 expansion pack. Update your game via the game's launcher.". I, therefore, tried to upgrade my game but that didn't work either. I, therefore, bought a new sims 3 and downloaded it. But it still says that I have to upgrade it which I tried but it still doesnt work. Please help!

Message 38 of 111 (1,071 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't launch? Too old?

Community Manager

Hey @elsabjorntorp011 to start with let's go ahead and reset Origin on your Mac to see if it helps: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 39 of 111 (1,034 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't launch? Too old?

@elsabjorntorp011  I take it your Mac runs Catalina or Big Sur?  You'll specifically need to install the 64-bit version of Sims 3, not the old 32-bit version—Catalina and Big Sur are 64-bit only.

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't see the 64-bit version in your game library, try clearing all filters.  (Click the Filter button in the upper right corner to see the option.)

If it's still not in your library, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for your base game and any packs you own be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

While you're talking with support, you can also request a refund for the new copy of Sims 3.  You didn't need to buy it, and you shouldn't have to pay again for content you already own.

Message 40 of 111 (1,021 Views)