[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Base game incompatible with expansion pack error

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] Base game incompatible with expansion pack error

If you see this error:

Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 17.22.24.png

Please open Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete Version.tag.  You'll need to open the folders manually; the file won't show up in a search.

If this doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 3 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then try to launch the game again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 21 of 111 (7,364 Views)

SIMS 3 incompatible with expansion

★★ Novice

I just downloaded the new sims 3 64 bit version, i’ve been so sad that i couldn’t play it and i was so excited to get to now and i redownloaded it ans all the packs i have and now when i press play in the launcher it says that the sims 3 is incompatible with the expansion pack? what does that mean? what do i have to do? i was so excited to finally be able to play and waiting an hour for it to download for this to happen is very sad. Frown 

Message 1 of 111 (7,545 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 incompatible with expansion

@lilyissims  Could you please take a screenshot of the error and post it here?  Hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture.  The screenshot will land on your desktop, and you can attach it to or embed it within a post.

Message 2 of 111 (7,516 Views)

the sims 3 (64 bit) base game incompatible

★★ Novice

i just got the recent sims 3 64 bit game installation. the game launcher always opens, but when i click play it gives me this message. also all of my expansions are doubled like the picture shows, and they (for the 64 bit version) are saying 'unlocked' but not giving me the option to download them. any suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated !!

Message 3 of 111 (7,444 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64 bit) base game incompatible

@SingItgirl  Try running the Origin reset tool for macOS:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, uninstall the game, run the reset tool again, and restart your computer.  Download the base game first, no packs, and see whether you can get to the Main Menu.  You'll probably get an error there, but that's a known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Installation-Verification-Failure-Sims-3-64-bit-relea...

If you can at least launch the game, try installing one pack and see whether it still works.

Message 4 of 111 (7,405 Views)

Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

★★ Novice

Once i've loaded the Sims 3 Launcher I try to play and it comes up with an error message saying my base game is incompatible with the current sims 3 expansion pack and then tells me to update my game via the game launcher?

Message 5 of 111 (8,409 Views)

★ Apprentice
@alicejosephine You are not alone. I keep getting this message as well.
Message 6 of 111 (7,927 Views)

★★ Novice
@Omololadalula i'm currently on live chat to them now!
Message 7 of 111 (8,053 Views)

★ Apprentice
@alicejosephine Keep me updated on what happens!
Message 8 of 111 (8,039 Views)

★★ Novice
@Omololadalula will do!
Message 9 of 111 (7,999 Views)