Re: the sims 3 (64-bit & metal) release

by Omololadalula

Original Post

★★ Guide
@alicejosephine im not getting the option to live chat? would calling them help?
Message 10 of 111 (2,009 Views)

★ Apprentice
@alicejosephine Did they fix your message issue?
Message 11 of 111 (1,874 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 12 of 111 (2,151 Views)

Re: SIMS 3 incompatible with expansion

★★★ Novice

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem! All expansion packs are downloaded and ready.

Message 13 of 111 (1,486 Views)

@isabellaberaque  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete the file called Version.tag.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 14 of 111 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@lilyissims I have the same problem, and I can't find a file named 'Version.tag'
Message 15 of 111 (1,452 Views)

@ella2228  Try scrolling down.  And don't search for the file; you actually need to manually open Documents, then Electronic Arts, then The Sims 3.

If you don't see the file, please take a screenshot of the contents of the folder; expand the Finder window to show the entire thing if necessary.

Message 16 of 111 (1,436 Views)

New 64 bit Sims 3 won't launch

★★ Novice

I had downloaded the new 64 bit encryption Sims 3 in Origins, I was very excited however I keep getting these messages that my base game is not compatible with the expansions (I confirmed with EA Chat support that it was) and after trying many things no luck, it won't launch. Can anyone help!?

Message 17 of 111 (1,454 Views)

Re: New 64 bit Sims 3 won't launch

@smallfry0270  Please go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 and delete the file labeled Version.tag.  You'll need to open the folders manually; the file won't show up in a search.  Be sure to scroll down in the Sims 3 folder.

Message 18 of 111 (1,421 Views)

sims 3 64 bit update launch issue

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded the new 64-bit update for the Sims 3 but when I try and launch it it says that it cannot run because the current expansion isn't compatible with the base game and then crashes. I made sure everything was updated and I even uninstalled everything and tried playing just the base game and the same error message popped up. I'm not sure what I need to do to make this run.

Message 19 of 111 (1,441 Views)