[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

@ashbymcdonald  What little information EA people have released suggests that there is, or at least was, some kind of effort to fix some of the issues with the 64-bit version.  I don't know how that project is going, but I would like to be optimistic here.  It looked in the beginning like the developers were interested in addressing at least some of these problems, and it would be strange to throw away whatever work had been done without releasing at least one more patch.

However, we won't know until there's an actual announcement from an actual EA employee.  I'm just speculating.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 61 of 190 (2,756 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is there any new info on this issue, possibly any mods that make swimming in TS3 possible yet? I don't have my sims swim in the ocean much but it bothers me it's not an option when it should and used to be.

Message 62 of 190 (2,610 Views)

@Jordynn218  I haven't heard of a mod that fixes it, although I haven't been paying close attention to the mod developers.  I think that most of the few still active are waiting to see whether EA fixes the problem, which is still entirely possible.  There hasn't been any official announcement about this project being over, so we can certainly still hope.

Message 63 of 190 (2,596 Views)

★ Guide

Can some really smart modder PLEASE create a fix for all these little annoying glitches?  I think we are past the time when we can rely on a fix from EA.  I am willing to pay for a good fix.  Anyone else?  

Message 64 of 190 (2,478 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I really hope this issue (and the insect issue) gets fixed. Collecting is an essential part of the game IMO and not being able to ocean fish or catch bugs has been really frustrating.

Message 65 of 190 (2,464 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@EA_Leeloo can you confirm whether @MaxisJoe is still working at Maxis? Most uncommon of him to be silent over such a long period, especially since this is his "crown jewel"

Message 66 of 190 (2,433 Views)

EA Staff
@jbd00 Thanks for asking after me.

Yes, I am still at Maxis. Which is for the best, really, because my user name would be really awkward if I weren't.

I'm afraid I really can't comment on future releases (or whether they exist) that have not been announced.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 67 of 190 (2,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@MaxisJoewould you happen to know if EA is even aware of these issues? I really want to be able to play the game a payed for with all its features. Could you give us an sort of update on this regard?

ps: I never got around to actually fully playing Isla Paradiso due to bugs and issues and then when the 64-bit was released I thought I'd finally be able to but then another problem. The ocean interactions (scuba diving, mermaids, discovering the islands...) are the one thing I look forward to the most and I've been able to so I really hope EA can do something about that.

Thanks in advance

Message 68 of 190 (2,205 Views)

@Sunkyu16  MaxisJoe thanked us for the info in this thread back in October, when the issue was first reported:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-All-open-water-options-missing/m...

So yes, I think it's safe to assume that some people at EA are aware.  However, there haven't been any updates about which current issues may get addressed, or any news about a future patch.  So while we can hope that the problem will be fixed, we'll have to wait until EA is ready to make an official announcement.

Message 69 of 190 (2,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still definitely having this issue. I really do hope EA can patch it/ sort it out.

Message 70 of 190 (2,118 Views)