[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Sims 3: can’t swim using Mac?

@krissypooh924  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  No, there's no cheat to get around the missing options.  A few players have reported that clicking through another object does work though, for example clicking on a boat might show the options for the water underneath the boat.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 141 of 191 (1,965 Views)

Re: Sims 3: can’t swim using Mac?

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hi,
That is with me also so, then also water is to be seen in the boat and the Sim can swim then only in the boat :o
Message 142 of 191 (1,840 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★★★★ Apprentice
@Clarisabel Hi,
Have you tried transporting the sim to the dive buoy? When I do that, my sim dives too. Standard smile Maybe it will work for you too.
Message 143 of 191 (1,838 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Unfortunately not. I can't believe that this is an issue for so long. I last contacted EA about this in April of 2021 and we're still waiting for a fix. I honestly think we can wait until we are blue in the face. I just sent them another email about this bug... we'll see if they reply (I will update if they do). 

Message 144 of 191 (1,773 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m able to dive at dive spot by clicking on buoy and to swim by clicking through a boat, as other people have mentioned. But once underwater I can’t pick kelp or catch fish or pick up shells. 

Message 145 of 191 (1,764 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’ve noticed during my gameplay that my sim tries to play in the ocean, but this action is cancelled immediately. Don’t know if anyone has experienced the same thing.

Message 146 of 191 (1,590 Views)

@demi306  Usually the autonomous options do work, so there might be something else going on with your sim.  Does this happen on any beach lot, or just the one?

Message 147 of 191 (1,573 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict It happens on the beach lots and when I’m playing in Twinbrook. In swimming pools, the option comes up to snorkel, but the sims just swim around normally.
Message 148 of 191 (1,564 Views)

@demi306  I don't know what to tell you, sorry.  This has been a problem since the 64-bit version was released, and it's never been addressed.

Message 149 of 191 (1,561 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★★★ Novice

@MaxisJoe please resolve this issue. This issue has been going on for almost two years now and it's not right to continue selling a game that isn't fully functional

Message 150 of 191 (1,180 Views)