[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★ Novice

have they fixed this yet???

Message 91 of 191 (2,349 Views)

@Alison_Hunt88 wrote:

have they fixed this yet???

Nope, sorry.  I still have hope, but it's certainly been a while.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 92 of 191 (2,334 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict upon what do you base this "hope"?
Message 93 of 191 (2,310 Views)

@ashbymcdonald  I base it on the fact that it looked like EA was working on patching certain issues and did in fact release one small patch right away.  If whoever is in charge had decided not to put in any more effort, it would make sense to at least release a patch including the work that had already been completed.  Since that hasn't happened yet, I have at least some hope that there will be an update in the future.

I do not have any idea when that would happen though.

Message 94 of 191 (2,275 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict EA is too busy with raking up money from the youngsters on Sims 4 with crochet and vacuum cleaners packs… I love my game but it's clear we are very, veryyyyy low on the list of priorities, practically not there at all. I remember we had to wait until the very last update of the 32-bit game for a real Mac CTD bug fix.
Wishful thinking won't make us disappear though.
Message 95 of 191 (2,227 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★★ Novice

Yea I am having that same issue I can’t use anything to do with the ocean 

Message 96 of 191 (1,978 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I can't believe they haven't fixed this yet, but at the same time not really surprised.

It really doesn't sound like it would be very difficult for someone to just patch a line in the code. 

They just don't care about the people who play anything but The Sims 4. And probably most of their staff are working on The Sims 5. Anything to just make money, not really caring about what their customers think, especially those of us who like the older games.

I would love to be able to play The Sims 3 properly, and even The Sims 2. Now that would be cool. 

Message 97 of 191 (1,905 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Does anyone from EA actually read this thread? I would be very surprised to find that they do. That would just mean they don't really care. Wouldn't it?
Message 98 of 191 (1,904 Views)

@SimMinnie79  I don't know whether anyone is currently reading this thread, but that wouldn't really be necessary.  This issue has been present and stable since the 64-bit version's release, so there's no new information to gather.  You'll notice that the issue was acknowledged back then:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-All-open-water-options-missing/m...

As for updates, I imagine we'll get info either when a patch is released or when it's decided that no patch will be forthcoming.  Neither has happened yet.

Message 99 of 191 (1,886 Views)

★ Apprentice

I was so happy when they announced to update the game for Metal.
I just bought more expansion packs on origin as I couldn’t install the game from CD on Mac.

Now I realised the open water options still aren't available by choice. My sim can go swimming on their own when visiting a diving spot but I can’t make them go swim/ fish/ etc. …

How can EA put out this game and just leave it like that?

It’s been so long that I don’t expect an official fix of this error any longer… I guess the game is just broken and limited. Are there any active Moders from TS3 who could fix this? …or nraas?

Message 100 of 191 (1,661 Views)