[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims unable to swim in ocean

★★★ Novice

Help! When directing my sims to go swimming in the ocean there is no option for them to go swimming. I have tried different worlds, saves, and deleting all NAARAS mods/CC. I can't even move a houseboat to different parts of the ocean. My game is the 64-bit Mac version. 

Message 81 of 191 (2,272 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

@AlphaSimmer007  I've merged your post with the master thread for missing options on open water (i.e. not pools or ponds).  There's no word on whether this will be fixed, but we can always hope.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 82 of 191 (2,263 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was able to contact EA Help last week via Twitter and they said the team is working to get this issue fixed, but they said there was no timeframe on when it will happen. I count that as good news though! Standard smile

Message 83 of 191 (2,095 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I also contacted EA last month about these issues. I sent them a link to this exact forum to show them how many people are experiencing this issue, because apparently it wasn't a "noted complaint" or a "known issue". That's what the rep told me anyway. The conversation lasted over an hour. 

I'm glad to hear that the finally received enough complaints to do something about it. 

Almost afraid to get my hopes up. 

Message 84 of 191 (2,087 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have the same problem on the 64 bit version on a new Mac was disappointed when I got so far and realized I couldn’t fish in the ocean 

Message 85 of 191 (2,041 Views)

★★ Novice

I also noticed that I couldn’t pick up bugs but thought it was just something I was doing wrong also noticed the water in the oceans does look different it’s really blocky and twitchy really hope they fix this because yeah collecting is a huge part of the game 

Message 86 of 191 (2,040 Views)

★★ Novice

Not sure if it’s related but right away I noticed also  I can’t install Dragon Valley and the Worlds Bundle I know there not actually expansion packs and are considered custom content and I can download them and they show up in the launcher but when I hit install from the launcher it does absolutely nothing 

Message 87 of 191 (2,032 Views)

@tammyschindler  The inability to collect bugs is another known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Cannot-collect-insects/m-p/96749...

If you have Ambitions, you can use the harvester to pick them up; if you have Pets, you can train a pet to find insects.

For Dragon Valley, try closing the launcher and reopening it, then clicking Install.  If you see a second plumbob in the dock, it's working—click on that plumbob to see the installer window.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 88 of 191 (1,991 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you for the info I do have both of those expansions I will try that all before I found this thread and didn’t know other people were having the same fishing issue I had the bright idea to uninstall the game and reinstall it like that was going to fix it so I’m kinda kicking myself in the but for doing that right now 😂

Message 89 of 191 (1,958 Views)

★ Novice

It's May 2021 and I don't see a fix or patch yet.

Message 90 of 191 (1,676 Views)