Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

by ashbymcdonald

Original Post

can't interact with pond/ocean type water

★ Apprentice

I am playing a game in bridgeport in 64 bit mac sims 3, and none of the ponds or the water at the beach have water interactions. when i click it's walk here/jog here for human and like lay here/sleep here/go here for pet. I can't get them to swim or fish. however my sim did swim around on their own, i just couldn't control it. When i click on pools the options for swimming and skinny dipping do appear, it is just non-pool type waters. Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix? thanks!

Message 51 of 190 (2,542 Views)

@lcsoloman1  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post.

I'm curious which ponds in Bridgeport have the problem—as far as I've seen, ponds are fine, only open water is affected.  I didn't specifically test in Bridgeport though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 52 of 190 (2,517 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I was able to dive underwater with my mermaid sim but I haven't tried scuba diving. Also, is anyone else having this weird water reflection glitch?

Message 53 of 190 (2,500 Views)

@middykitty4  I've seen a couple of comments about strange reflections, but no screenshots that looked like that, at least not yet.  Please attach your deviceconfig.log to a post; it's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  (You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.)  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

Message 54 of 190 (2,486 Views)

★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict thank you! i did not see thread. in bridgeport i believe i had issue in all the ponds. I opened a game in twinbrook to see if it was world issue or whole game issue and i can fish there but still have issues with ocean type water
Message 55 of 190 (2,405 Views)

★ Apprentice
@MissMannie I also cannot click on bugs
Message 56 of 190 (2,403 Views)

@lcsoloman1  The inability to collect bugs has its own thread, if you want to click Me Too and post there as well:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Cannot-collect-insects/m-p/96749...

Message 57 of 190 (2,387 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict

my guess is that as time goes on the chance of EA producing a fix dwindles?
Message 58 of 190 (2,297 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yepps (: Quite usual behaviour from their part.

Just hoping the modders are on it 

Message 59 of 190 (2,275 Views)

★ Guide
@jbd00 Thank God for the modder-fokkers!
Message 60 of 190 (2,269 Views)