Re: All open water options missing (64-bit TS3)

by sparilis

Original Post

Re: All open water options missing (64-bit TS3)

★ Guide

@puzzlezaddict wrote:

@Dorabella123  Could you please test in open water as well?  Ponds are a different category than oceans/lakes/rivers, for example sims can't swim in one or do any of the IP activities.

Mine can fish in a pond but there are no interactions available in oceans, lakes, or rivers. 

Message 41 of 191 (2,706 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MaxisJoe Any plans to fix this issue?  

Message 42 of 191 (2,698 Views)

★ Guide
@puzzlezaddict Any work-arounds to this?
Message 43 of 191 (2,685 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@MaxisJoe any updates on this? (: Is your team working on an update

Message 44 of 191 (2,658 Views)

★ Guide

It's seems like there are mods for just about everything. I am surprised no one has created a mod for this...

Message 45 of 191 (2,648 Views)

@ashbymcdonald  I think the modders are waiting to see whether EA fixes this on its own.  It's not that fishing no longer works, as evidenced by the pond interactions being intact, and sims can autonomously swim and play in the ocean.  The issue seems to be simply that the water is not clickable for some reason.  Why that happens, I have no idea.

The same is true for insects: they're present, but they can't be clicked in, nor can the ground directly behind them (in whatever direction the camera faces), although the same ground is clickable when there isn't an insect in the way.  I don't know if the problems are related, but it wouldn't surprise me.

As to whether EA is working on a fix, I have no idea.  I do know that EA employees have been reading this section and keeping track of the reported issues, including this one.  So hopefully there will be a fix at some point.

If it turns out this issue won't be fixed though, I'm reasonably sure some one will make a mod for it sooner or later.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 46 of 191 (2,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Same problems
Message 47 of 191 (2,519 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@puzzlezaddictDo those kind of fixes from EA come automatically via Origin, or will I have to download install the fix? If it's the latter, how will we know when there is a fix?

Message 48 of 191 (2,510 Views)

@ashbymcdonald  If and when there's a fix, it will come in the form of a downloadable patch to the game.  Origin will do what it always does: show an available update on the Sims 3 game tile and on the info page, and try to insist that you can't play until you install the update.  It would only update automatically if you had auto updates enabled within Origin, but it's still hard to miss either way.

I have no idea when, or if, this particular issue will be fixed though.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 49 of 191 (2,484 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve been having this problem too since I downloaded the sims 3 in November. I tried all sorts of troubleshooting tips, so I’m kind of glad that it’s not just my game spasming out. Really ready for them to fix the damn thing already. 

Message 50 of 191 (2,342 Views)