Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

by aodoherty

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictI found this too. Currently I haven't installed Island Paradise yet as you know I still don't have any base game icon active on launcher after creating installer data and repairing game in origin. Anyway, I found that No option for swim. The sims are able to swim at sea after 1.42 patch update for Seasons as far as I remember. That patch is not working in the sims 3 on Mac. I see my mouse cursor turns into the prohibited symbol.

Message 21 of 190 (3,656 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also having this problem! Do we know when there will be a fix?

Message 22 of 190 (3,637 Views)

[ Edited ]

@aodoherty  I don't think this has anything to do with patch 1.42 specifically, because sims were always able to fish in the ocean, even if they couldn't swim.  Additionally, the Island Paradise interactions were added separately, with that pack, so it's not a question of missing one particular patch's data.

It's strange that you wouldn't even have the base game icon after repairing the game.  Do you have any files in Installer Data at all?  What's the full path to the Installer Data folder?  Right-click on it and select Get Info, then copy and paste the file path that shows up under Where.  You can write [username] instead of your actual username, but please leave the rest of the file path intact.

@Violetkiwigirl  There's no word on a potential fix, sorry.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 23 of 190 (3,611 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict I’ll have a look tomorrow. Oh yeah I forgot about fishing in the ocean. You are right. Standard smile
Message 24 of 190 (3,598 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

★★ Novice

did you guys find a solution for the ocean issue?

Message 25 of 190 (3,567 Views)

Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

@nightfalcon12  There's no solution, as far as we can tell.  We're hoping EA might be able to fix it, although there's no guarantee that will happen.  You can keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 26 of 190 (3,545 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I’m having this problem with collecting insects too!

Message 27 of 190 (3,531 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It seems like a lot of game options are missing I hope they will fix this soon.

Message 28 of 190 (3,505 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I can't do any water activities either (playing in sunset valley)

Message 29 of 190 (3,484 Views)

Sims 3 Island Paradise ocean interactions not working

★★★ Novice

Hi. So i recently downloaded sims 3 island paradise for the 64 bit version on my Mac. Everything works fine except for the water interactions. When i click on the ocean, it says no interactions available. It won’t let my sims boat or snorkel or anything like that. Anyone know what to do?

Message 30 of 190 (3,354 Views)