Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by Babi2410

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

[ Edited ]

All of the options sims should have for open water activities are missing from the water itself, which offers no options when clicked.  (Open water means any water that's not a pool or made with the pond tool.)  In the 32-bit versions, with all packs installed, sims had a number of options:

• Fish
  • Swim
  • Play in ocean
  • Play in ocean with toddler
  • Snorkel
  • Scuba dive (with sufficient skill)
  • Boat to a location on the water, if they own a boat
  • Windsurf (once in the water)
  • (I'm probably forgetting a few)

However, sims can use a taxi boat to travel from one island to another.

This was tested in a new clean folder with zero added content, all EPs installed, in Sunset Valley.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 1 of 190 (25,433 Views)

Re: All open water options missing (64-bit TS3)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. I click the open water and all I get is "No Interaction". I tried this in Bridgeport and Sunset Valley with the same result. Oddly enough, Sims can still swim autonomously.

Message 2 of 190 (25,350 Views)

★★ Pro

I can’t do anything related to open waters, also I can’t get a tan when at the beach 🏖 

My Sim went to play with water, but free will, not a option we click. 

09358FB4-4872-4DF1-926E-2266CA2DE2C3.jpeg

Message 3 of 190 (25,317 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hello, it's me again. My game is working perfectly, but I can't swim or even fish at the sea. When my sim dives, he can't catch the fishes underwater. The cursor only points "no interaction available"
Message 4 of 190 (25,308 Views)

@Babi2410  I've moved this post to the master thread for the missing open water interactions.  Please click Me Too on the first post.

Message 5 of 190 (25,264 Views)

EA Staff
@puzzlezaddict Thanks for the report simmers!
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 6 of 190 (25,256 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just to throw a small spanner in the works, my sim can fish.  

I am playing in a custom world but she had no problems when I directed her to fish at a pond.  I didn't try any of the other water activities though.

Message 7 of 190 (25,219 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MaxisJoe Will EA make a new update?
Message 8 of 190 (25,144 Views)

@Dorabella123  Could you please test in open water as well?  Ponds are a different category than oceans/lakes/rivers, for example sims can't swim in one or do any of the IP activities.

Message 9 of 190 (25,125 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★ Apprentice

I have no idea where to put this (I'm new to all this) but not only don't I have the option to click on anything in open water, but I also can't click on any bugs around the world.

I can see bugs and butterflies but there is no option to click on them, it's almost like they don't exist.

It's made completing World Adventures impossible because I can't collect bugs for a quest.

When I click on a bug on the ground the only option I have is to walk to that spot.

I've tried looking to see if other people have had this problem before, but couldn't find anything so I'm wondering if its a new bug in the 64 bit version of the game.

Message 10 of 190 (25,109 Views)