Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by MaxisJoe

Original Post

@TonyTH3  I don't know of any mods that address this issue, and I think the few remaining active modders were holding off to see whether EA would fix it in a patch.  As for why that hasn't happened, it seemed like there would be a patch at some point, based on the initial interest in gathering info shown by EA people.  I honestly don't know whether there will be another patch, although I don't think it should be ruled out yet.

As for whether this particular problem might be fixed, the only ones who know that are those currently working on the game, and they're not talking.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 101 of 191 (2,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe Any updates on this issue? Any patches upcoming from EA/still working on bug fixes for TS3? Or are you guys aware of a manual workaround/fix that has been found that I could do with my game files or in my game? My Sims still cannot interact with oceans *at all* nearly a year later. 

Message 102 of 191 (2,550 Views)

EA Staff
@acwesty I'm sorry to repeat myself but I can't comment on unannounced product roadmaps.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 103 of 191 (2,530 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★★★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue and I love taking my sims to the beach. Also this issue hinders the Island Paradise expansion greatly. Will EA ever fix this issue as its almost been a year since releasing the 64bit? Frown

Message 104 of 191 (2,027 Views)

@Jennym6  It looked for a while like EA was continuing to work on the remaining issues with the 64-bit version, but there hasn't been any indication of that for a very long time.  So I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's still possible that a modder will fix this issue and others, but I haven't heard anything to that effect either.

Message 105 of 191 (2,023 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Such a shame it was a great feature. Hopefully a modder will fix it but I’m not sure since everything is focused on the sims 4 now Disappointed

Message 106 of 191 (2,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m also having the same issue Frown

Message 107 of 191 (1,819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

HELLO.

I am shocked.

I've been playing Sims 3 for years on Windows. 

I've had my Macbook for a year now and was hesitant to download it. 

When I finally did 2 days ago - I came across this issue.

After I read the threads and lived through the disappointment of dreaming to play Island Paradise - I don't know why, I sent my Sim to a Diving Spot. 

She arrived and was swimming - still no options though. 

HOWEVER, cutting to the chase, a man with a sailboat was going around me and inside the sailboat the water was visible. I was clicking around by chance, when I clicked on the ocean through the sailboat I HAD OPTIONS! INTERACTION WITH THE WATER.

You can see it for yourself yourself in the screenshot. 

I mean, after that disappointment - this comes fresh but of course, there is still a major issue waiting to be fixed and we cannot chase sailboats around (they probably are more in Islo Paradiso anyways) BUT this is something. Right?

What do you think?

Message 108 of 191 (1,182 Views)

@iremakakca  We've speculated that the issue has something to do with the world layers, although I haven't seen a more specific explanation than that.  But this would go with that overall theme.

Message 109 of 191 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Novice
@iremakakca I’m trying to think of a world fixes mod that currently would fix this issue. I’m not sure tho but I’m gonna give it a try!
Message 110 of 191 (1,149 Views)