Re: Problems installing Sims3Packs (TS3 64-bit)

by ashbymcdonald

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE 64-bit] All open water options missing

★★★★★ Novice

Oh man, crossing my fingers that there will be a solution soon. It's really the small details that make the game so enjoyable.

Message 71 of 191 (2,339 Views)

★ Guide

Well I think we got our answer from @MaxisJoe. Time for the modders to go to work!

Message 72 of 191 (2,337 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ashbymcdonald What was the answer? They're not going to fix any of these issues?
Message 73 of 191 (2,123 Views)

★ Guide

@champion_hustler  That was a de facto answer. If there was an effort to fix it, I think MaxisJoe would have said so. 

Message 74 of 191 (2,117 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

EA is definitely aware of this. I am currently in a chatroom with an EA representative to complain about this issue... once again. I have done this before, at least the rep is actually trying to help. I don't think she's aware of how many people are going through this. Keeps asking about my computer specs and mods... it's not the mods, it's the game. 

Edit:

Apparently, it isn't a "known issue" with EA. So far, chat time One Hour Ten Minutes, and counting. 

Message 75 of 191 (1,948 Views)

@SimMinnie79  It's definitely a known issue and has been since this thread was created.  EA support may not know about it, which isn't really an issue since there's no fix for it for a support rep to recommend.  But it was reported almost as soon as the 64-bit version was released, and acknowledged right away:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-All-open-water-options-missing/m...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 76 of 191 (1,930 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict I guess now they have been notified again. I also sent them the link to this thread. Hopefully, they will create a patch for it.
Message 77 of 191 (1,923 Views)

★ Guide

Well, they spent a lot of time on that conversion and I think it was complicated process. They did in my opinion great work and it would be a little bit silly not to patch a few obvious things (I hope it's easy to fix!). I guess that they didn't expect that weird bugs, so for that moment they may have another job to do and they'll eventually come back for that later and then maybe they fix most of issues at once. Standard smile

I don't know anything, just wondering with hope, while waiting, ahaha.

Message 78 of 191 (1,872 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am sad to report that I am having the same problem with oceans in all worlds. I only recently reinstalled the sims 3 on my Mac (the 64-bit version) and have found that I can not click on the ocean to interact with it - there is no option to swim, fish or snorkel, it is just greyed out and says ‘no interaction available’

This is extremely frustrating since I just bought island paradise (not realizing this was a common problem) and can not use a significant portion of the pack. I’m so disappointed and really urge EA to fix this ASAP as it’s really hindering my enjoyment of the game. Frown 

Message 79 of 191 (1,766 Views)

★★★ Novice
I should also add that I am playing with no Mods or customer content (although I would certainly add a Mod that fixes the ocean problem if one becomes available). In terms of packs, I have late night, seasons, generations, supernatural and island paradise. Hope that bit of detail helps (although it seems well established at this point that the glitch is with the Mac version and doesn’t have much to do with custom content or Mods)
Message 80 of 191 (1,763 Views)