Re: CC on External Hard Drive

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

CC on External Hard Drive

★★ Novice

Hi! I had to delete my sims 4 because it took up too much space on my laptop. I recently got an external hard drive and am downloading sims 4 and the packs onto that. However, I don't see an "Electronic Arts" folder anywhere- either in my external hard drive or in my documents section.

How would I go about downloading cc? And is it possible to do without creating a "symlink"?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (372 Views)

@jrtomer

The Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder is created when you first launch the game in your Documents folder.

CC and Mods are put in the Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods folder. No symlink is required.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (361 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you- found it! Could I move the Electronic Arts folder into my external hard drive, or does it only work in the documents folder?

Message 3 of 4 (345 Views)

@jrtomer

You can but you would need to create a symlink for the game to load your data. If there is no Electronic Arts folder in the Documents folder the game will recreate one each time you load it.

Instructions and more of an explanation here - https://bluebellflora.com/saving-your-sims-4-folder-to-an-external-drive/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (324 Views)