CC not working properly.

by heyyitsholly

Original Post

CC not working properly.

★★★ Newbie

Hi! I'm having trouble with my sims 4 cc on a mac. I have maybe 100 cc items that are working completely fine. I downloaded all of these before March (ish). I took about a month's break and then came back to the game, and tried to download more cc. I did this exactly as I always have and used a range of sources, so I'm pretty sure its mostly compatible. None of this cc showed up in game or in the window that pops up when you open the game.  Basically anything I have downloaded since about March will not show in game, despite it being in the same place as my other cc.

I tried some troubleshooting today, and went through a few forums to find an answer to my problem. When I tried one solution which involved removing my mods folder and opening the game to get a new mods folder, I had two problems. The first was that a new folder was not generated, and the space where it should be is empty. The second problem is that my old cc still works in-game, and still shows up in the pop-up window, despite the folder not being in the EA folder at all anymore.

a couple things to note Standard smile

- I have mods enabled in settings.

- my mods folder is split into four sub-folders

- my old cc still works and shows up, but nothing new works

- my game is fully updated to whatever the latest

This doesn't impact my ability to play the game. My game is still running at the same speed it always has and aside from not being able to zoom properly (as of the latest patch), I haven't noticed any other bugs or issues.

I have attached some images that I think might help to figure out my problem. The first image is of my 'The Sims 4' folder. The second is of my 'Mods' folder which is currently on my desktop. The third is of my 'adults' folder, which has most of the cc that has always worked in game.

Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)

Re: CC not working properly.

@heyyitsholly 

Why is there a shortcut to an Origin installer in your Sims 4 folder? Could you please also copy and paste the entire file path to that Sims 4 folder here - click on the Sims 4 folder once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of your Sims 4 folder here. Could you also please do the same for the Mods folder where your new content is, which isn't showing up, and your Mods folder with the content that is showing in-game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (241 Views)