Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

CC not showing up anywhere in game

by emme121216

Original Post

CC not showing up anywhere in game

★★ Newbie

Hi guys.

I got a new Mac yesterday and it was set with iCloud so everything was back to the way it was on my old Mac. I got on and there was no CC working on the game- even though I have enabled both script mods and cc. All the cc ends in .package and is in the mods folder. I don't know what to do anymore I tried uninstalling sims and origin and it didn't help. I tried deleting mods folder and putting it back in. Quitting game and everything else I can think of. Please help me out it's driving me crazy! I have taken everything except the resource doc out of mods for right now and the cc is in a folder on my desktop. this is what my mods folder looks like currently

Message 1 of 4 (248 Views)

Re: CC not showing up anywhere in game

@emme121216

Could you click once on the Mods folder in the Electronic Arts > Sims 4 folder then go to File > Get Info in the Menu bar. In the window that pops up there is a General > Where section showing the location of the file, please could you copy and paste that location here?

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 2 of 4 (180 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora I screenshotted just so I wouldn't screw up I hope that's ok! (edited name out for privacy)

Message 3 of 4 (160 Views)

@emme121216

That's great thanks Standard smile I wanted to make sure that the folder was in the right location for the game, which it is. Could you trash the localthumbcache.package file in the Sims 4 folder, put your CC back into the Mods folder, repair your game, then load the game and see if the CC shows up.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 4 of 4 (143 Views)
Twitter Stream
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help