CC keeps breaking my game

by cernezelana

Original Post

CC keeps breaking my game

★ Novice

Hello! So I have a lot of mods and cc and i have it on my 2017 iMac 1TB so it’s not the worst computer. The problem is anytime i try to add new cc (usually furniture) my whole game breaks. Even when i remove that cc it doesn’t want to load anymore. It doesn’t go further then the spinning sims logo. I tried everything from deleting the cache, restarting my computer, running S4Studio and after a while it starts working again but its annoying because i can’t add anymore cc. I have 20GB of CC which is quite a lot but i don’t understand why it doesn’t start working again after i remove it. Did anyone have the same problem and knows a way to fix it? Like do i have any other options besides just deleting all of my cc and starting over. I read this was a common issue when the Big Sur came out, is it still not fixed or is it just my cc?

Message 1 of 4 (826 Views)

Re: CC keeps breaking my game

@cernezelana

There's a file called localthumbcache.package in your Sims 4 folder. You need to trash this every time you remove CC from the Mods folder.

20GB CC will increase the risk of your game being unstable, that's a huge amount!

Not sure of the relevance of Big Sur? There's always an increase in issues when people upgrade their OS, especially if they run beta versions which a lot of people seem to do without realising the consequences it can have on their existing apps.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (798 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Yes i do that everytime but it still doesn't want to load. Usually i also need to restart my computer and open the game a couple times until it starts working properly and it finally goes beyond the spinning logo. Im just confused why the cc always breaks my game because i only download new cc now like from 2021 so its not broken but my game and computer just decide to not work with it.
Yeah i know but I used to have way more on a worse computer but it was a Windows so maybe Sims just works way better on PC comupters, which would makes sense.
I saw some threads where Sims stopped working when the Big Sur update came out and it was the same thing happening (spinning logo) so i thought it might have some relevance.
Message 3 of 4 (790 Views)

@cernezelana

Is all of your CC updated to the current patch level? How does the game perform if you start with a new clean Sims 4 folder, free of all CC, saves, and other user content?

Yeah, it does seem to be more stable on Windows unfortunately.

No, not necessarily Big Sur itself but rather an OS upgrade. There's always a spike in people reporting problems when a new OS comes out. It really does pay to wait a few months before upgrading.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (774 Views)