CC is in Mods folder but not in the game

by kaylaxxox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CC is in Mods folder but not in the game

★★★ Novice

This is my first question on this site, I've looked around but can't find any answers.

About a month ago, half of my CC stopped showing up in my game, I don't think it was after any specific update.

The files are still in my Mods folder but if I search for them in build mode they aren't there like they use to be. Their names also don't come up when I launch the game.

Like I said, some of the CC is still working/appearing as it always has, but a lot is missing.

Mods are enabled and I've tried to delete Origin and also repair the game multiple times.

Message 1 of 8 (981 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CC is in Mods folder but not in the game

★★★ Novice

I think I fixed it - some of it at least, there are still some not showing up. I organise my CC into folders like furniture and then kitchen, bedroom etc. So what I did was I took some CC that wasn't showing up out of the folders and just put it straight into the Mods folder without organising it, and it seemed to work. While doing this I also found one file that wouldn't let the game open, so when I removed that everything showed up. There are still some that aren't appearing, but at least I can get some back. Thanks for your help!

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (870 Views)

All Replies

@kaylaxxox

Is the CC updated to be compatible with the current patch level? Have you checked with the creator? Is it unzipped and in .package or .TS4Script format?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (957 Views)

★★★ Novice

Everything is unzipped and in .package format. Considering its half of my CC and I'm not even sure specifically what isn't working, I can't check all of it, but I've looked at some and seen no updates from the creator. Especially since they disappeared randomly and not after an EA update I don't know if that would be the issue?

Message 3 of 8 (919 Views)

@kaylaxxox

Ok. Can you move out all your CC and move in a couple of the objects which aren't showing up, to test whether they show up?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (898 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I fixed it - some of it at least, there are still some not showing up. I organise my CC into folders like furniture and then kitchen, bedroom etc. So what I did was I took some CC that wasn't showing up out of the folders and just put it straight into the Mods folder without organising it, and it seemed to work. While doing this I also found one file that wouldn't let the game open, so when I removed that everything showed up. There are still some that aren't appearing, but at least I can get some back. Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 8 (871 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I did that with a few items and they showed up
Message 6 of 8 (869 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did that with a few items and they showed up
Message 7 of 8 (869 Views)

@kaylaxxox

Great! Thanks for confirming what worked Standard smile